Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

And SYP have given an award to the local neighbourhood group who got together to help sort out the anti-social behaviour:

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/abbeydaleaward/

Abbeydale award for reducing anti-social behaviour (10 March 2017)

Local community groups and services working together in Abbeydale have won an award for reducing anti-social behaviour.

South Yorkshire Police gave the Abbeydale Stakeholders group the award for partnership working in this year’s annual district ceremony after anti-social behaviour, which had been on the rise and was blighting the neighbourhood, reduced last year.

From 2013 to 2016 there had been an increase in incidents, and the seriousness of them, along Abbeydale Road from Highfield to Nether Edge. But this changed after the partnership group formed and developed an action plan which included more intelligence sharing, community work, closer working between youth services and an Autumn carnival and lantern parade which was attended by more than 350 people.

The result was a 23 per cent drop in anti-social behaviour between 23 October and 7 November last year, with a 60 per cent drop in firework-related incidents.

That's great news, thanks for posting vincentb.

I live not too far away, and the atmosphere really is much better. Thanks to the communities, the police, and the politicos. Those are words I don't get to say very often.

just warning you all the little scrotes are back at it , I just got attacked by about 15 of them , fair enough only snowballs ,but they're putting stones in them aswell.dirty trick.Got one on the back of the head and one in my ear with stones in,also they'd just vandalised Miss Aktars shop breaking her window and shutters.Targeting pedestrians,cyclists ,and vehicles ..

Happened just across the road from the polish carwash outside Imrans .

Yes i have reported it before anyone asks .Just want to warn anyone walking home as i expect they will be quite a few people

Edited by jimicrackl3s