Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

People that want to set cheap fireworks off in their back garden are abut sad really.

What's cheap?

We were precisely the opposite of sad last night, weather cleared up, bonfire in the fire pit, good fireworks, jacket potatoes, beer, bunch of friends over. Great fun.

What's cheap?

We were precisely the opposite of sad last night, weather cleared up, bonfire in the fire pit, good fireworks, jacket potatoes, beer, bunch of friends over. Great fun.

... even if it was a day late! ;)

Ill tell my kids that and ill tell the disabled lad two doors down who has absolutely no chance of being able to make it to an organised display. They must be really sad eh as they enjoyed it immensely.

By the way, its 'a bit'. Not 'abut'. Anyone who cant get that right must be abut, oops sorry i mean a bit sad.

oh dear oh dear, i think monkey deserves an apolygy for that remark.

Posters need to stop attacking other posters. It's getting old. This is the last warning this thread is going to get. The next time, it will be closed.

Police statement

A further update on Abbeydale........

As most of you will now be aware from the media and other social media we once again witnessed disgraceful scenes of disorder in and around Mount Pleasant Park and the Abbeydale corridor last night. We had significant resources deployed into the area, at one point nearly 50 Police Officers. We were faced with a group of between 30 and 40 males intent on causing disorder and firing fireworks at Police and members of the public alike. During the evening one Police Officer received a serious head injury which required hospital treatment. Luckily he is ok. As far as I am aware no members of the public were hurt although damage was caused to a number of local businesses. There has been a lot of comment on social media about a lack of Police action. Firstly I can confirm that we detained 5 individuals last night for a variety of offences related to the trouble. We will now fully review all the CCTV evidence and seek to prosecute those involved. It is not a simple matter to safely deal with large groups setting off fireworks at the Police. They run off and regroup and we simply did not have the resources to detain them on the night and not put officers at risk of serious injury. We are however determined to do whatever we can to bring those involved to justice. I would like to thank the public for their messages of support. Can I also encourage anyone with any evidence to get in touch. Can you identify those involved? Do you have video footage on your phone? Please get in touch. We cant resolve these issues without your help. Video footage of the events would be particularly useful. Thanks

Not sure if that had already been quoted.

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 13:48 ----------

... even if it was a day late! ;)

Can't have beer on a school night, so doing the whole thing a day late seemed like a good plan.

So bonfire night does not have an effect on fire, police and ambulances?

You do know what this topic is about don't you?

Year after year extra fire and ambulance crews are on duty to cover the incidents of fire and injuries and police to cover the public disorder.

Fireworks should be banned for sale to the general public and sold to licensed displays only.

People that want to set cheap fireworks off in their back garden are abut sad really.

:roll:

If anything, people who try and debate in this way deserve even less credibility.

Posters need to stop attacking other posters. It's getting old. This is the last warning this thread is going to get. The next time, it will be closed.

I get a feeling im partly responsible for this warning so ill say sorry and not bicker again.

What a load of cobblers! :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 22:11 ----------

Page hall was quiet on Bonfire night, how was Eastwood? :hihi:

whys that then

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 15:48 ----------

whys that then

trouble on abbeydale rd loads , read the news

Police scared of injury? They aren't fit for the job.

Don't be so absurd. Tell me you wouldn't be scared if someone was firing high powered rockets at you and I'll call you a liar.

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 15:55 ----------

police not scared of injury , but scared of being accused of being racist

Equally ridiculous.

Police scared of injury? They aren't fit for the job.

They should have called the Army. Fight fireworks with firearms :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 15:57 ----------

Don't be so absurd. Tell me you wouldn't be scared if someone was firing high powered rockets at you and I'll call you a liar.

Id crap my pants. The police get a bad rap but i wouldnt walk a mile in their shoes. They have a job where they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Edited by Mr Regret

Reopened in the light of recent arrests.

One warning - any more racism and I will suspend those responsible.

Edited by mort