Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

It's not about whites vs Asians, nor is it about the vibrancy that frank believes makes it better than so many other areas of Sheffield, the fact is that certain issues were ignored for a long time, and like many others I believe they were ignored because the youths were Asian :suspect:

The police have now announced they will be stepping up patrols in the area, if there was no issue then it would not be in The Sheffield Star nor would it be a topic on here !

Edited by Michael_W

I have been a target of the group of kids in Nether Edge being discussed here, and have seen them making mischief for a couple of years now. I agree the situation needs to be addressed, but some people in this thread seem intent on trying to stir this up into a bigger deal than it is, and want to make it about whites vs Asians.

It doesn't feel that way to me, and that focus will make the situation worse.

I'd like to thank the police, community leaders, and the people on this thread who have been working to keep things in perspective. Not enough was done at first, but it looks like that's changing.

exactly dozer, it's not race war, it's kids acting like kids always have and always will -

exactly dozer, it's not race war, it's kids acting like kids always have and always will -

And so there is no reason why they should not be treated like kids are now, I have seen umpteen squad cars out on Woodseats to deal with youths over the years, have you seen such a response down Abbeydale Road frank ?

I'm no stranger to the area myself I used to live down there, so you can spin it how you like, treat everyone the same and there is no issue, simple as that !

Ignoring things for political reasons is why we have UKIP thriving in the polls.

Edited by Michael_W

I have been a target of the group of kids in Nether Edge being discussed here, and have seen them making mischief for a couple of years now. I agree the situation needs to be addressed, but some people in this thread seem intent on trying to stir this up into a bigger deal than it is, and want to make it about whites vs Asians.

It doesn't feel that way to me, and that focus will make the situation worse.

I'd like to thank the police, community leaders, and the people on this thread who have been working to keep things in perspective. Not enough was done at first, but it looks like that's changing.

Exactly right. The focus on race is an unhelpful distraction. Its a bunch of scumbags that are causing trouble. The race of these people is irrelevant. Doing something about them is whats needed.

I totally agree with both of you and I think frank ryan is trying to make it all about Abbeydale scroates who happen to be Asian v scroates from other areas when basically it's just about antisocial kids who've been allowed to get away with it for far too long,

Let's hope that this time a dispersal order turns out to have some teeth.

---------- Post added 24-05-2014 at 18:11 ----------

I live here every day, don't see quad bikes - not an ongoing quad bike nearly mowing you down problem I can assure you. feel free to use our local restaurants and shops, being killed by a quad bike is not a factor you have to consider.
That's not what the owner of Jameson's Tearooms is saying in the article about the dispersal order. She seems to think it's a problem. And it is borne out by the fact that the first time in months we were on Abbeydale, we were nearly run down by one being driven at ridiculous speed. It must happen more than you know.

I only live half a mile away, and I have seen the abuse and firework throwing at first hand in the past. Obviously being a resident, you're except from the problems?

Edited by natjack

I am born and bred in nether edge and have spent a lot of time in sharrow as well along the years and know of most of these youngsters who are causing these problems. I am Asian and can assure all the non-Asians here that we also think this is a problem that needs sorting. Don't think for a second that we think their behaviour is normal or should be tolerated. Many Asians think the behaviour of this very small group is disgusting and is giving us all a bad name. I can also assure this is definitely not a Asian vs white thing going on as these youngsters will cause problems for anyone they see as a target at the time for whatever reason. They are kids being kids who need to realise their behaviour is not acceptable and will get them nowhere in life. I have spoke to many other Asians living in nether edge and sharrow who are worried about the the impression these little ****s are giving out. I hope they are taken off the streets as soon as possible.

That sounds more like it happyhippo, thanks for setting the record straight. It's a bit annoying sometimes when people with their own axe to grind like frank ryan, keep trying to tell you that something that you have first hand experience of didn't actually happen.

It's basically calling you a liar. Hope it gets sorted soon for everyone's sake. It's been going on for years now, so not going to be a quick fix probably.

Of course it is.

He was targeting one minority group from an area where there are many races and intimating that they are responsible for the ongoing problems.

There are many Asian and European communities in that area.

Where is the racism in what he said, what he said was factual and I live near the area so should know, as I have seen examples for myself.

Yes there are lots of "Asian" and "European" communities in the area , but do you see the Chinese, Indians, Poles, Russians, Turks etc etc and so on get up to this sort of anti-social behaviour - no ! And its getting to something when law-abiding and respected members of the Pakistani community themselves are posting on here that this minority are an embarrassment to them and something should be done about it.

I've been seeing these quad bikes lately ,to be fair they are a nuisance , they sound like dragsters but the main problem with them IMO is their total disregard for any other road user.

anyway think they've have obviously ruffled quite a few feathers

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/blitz-on-anti-social-behaviour-on-sheffield-road-1-6635120?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo68 viewpost.gif

Pretty sure it will be just lip-service. Looks good on paper (or in the papers) but in reality I doubt they will do anything and if they do actually start to do something about these groups it will doubtless all stop once the race card gets played.

So you've played the race card, let's see if your prophecy is proved correct...

It is clearly obvious boyfriday that you pretend to have not read my posts correctly so you can try and twist them is some way presumably to suit some purpose of your own.

By all means try. Anyone that has read my posts after seeing your comments wll no doubt be of the same conclusion.

I did not play the race card I said it would be played.

I am born and bred in nether edge and have spent a lot of time in sharrow as well along the years and know of most of these youngsters who are causing these problems. I am Asian and can assure all the non-Asians here that we also think this is a problem that needs sorting. Don't think for a second that we think their behaviour is normal or should be tolerated. Many Asians think the behaviour of this very small group is disgusting and is giving us all a bad name. I can also assure this is definitely not a Asian vs white thing going on as these youngsters will cause problems for anyone they see as a target at the time for whatever reason. They are kids being kids who need to realise their behaviour is not acceptable and will get them nowhere in life. I have spoke to many other Asians living in nether edge and sharrow who are worried about the the impression these little ****s are giving out. I hope they are taken off the streets as soon as possible.

Top post H.H.

The police had to provide protection for certain workmen in this area all day today. I'm guessing it will be the same tomorrow. You don't have to believe me, feel free to go along and ask them why the presence. :)