Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

Last night as my 2 sons went home from playing squash ,1 in a car the other on push bike fireworks were fired at them on purpose .The eldest in the car said a road block had been set up on Abbeydale rd as the man in front of my son got out of his car fireworks were aimed and set off at the traffic . My son said the man was extremely lucky not to have been seriously injured as one rocket came very close to his head .My sons car was hit by numerous fireworks . My other son said he was shot at in Meersbrook park as he cycled to his home . It beggers belief :loopy:

Happens every year.I've also had stones throwed at me in the past while driving through shiregreen

2 years ago my car window was smashed whilst i was at the traffic lights and a firework thrown in the car.

My daughter lives on Abbeydale Road and for 3 years now on bonfire night it has been ridiculous. Fireworks been thrown at motorists and houses and youths rioting. The police struggle to control them.

Last night whilst travelling on a First bus on Abbeydale Rd a group of youths - all masked forced the bus to stop by standing in the road. Another youth ran to the back of the bus and opened the rear engine door which automatically cut the bus's engine. They banged the windows of the side of the bus, many were holding rockets. When they saw the driver was of foreign descent they shouted to the others "Leave this one, its ok bro you can go". No doubt if the driver was white a few rockets would have been let off on the bus - mindless morons who could have caused serious injury.

Last night whilst travelling on a First bus on Abbeydale Rd a group of youths - all masked forced the bus to stop by standing in the road. Another youth ran to the back of the bus and opened the rear engine door which automatically cut the bus's engine. They banged the windows of the side of the bus, many were holding rockets. When they saw the driver was of foreign descent they shouted to the others "Leave this one, its ok bro you can go". No doubt if the driver was white a few rockets would have been let off on the bus - mindless morons who could have caused serious injury.

My daughter was caught up in at as well...road blocked off and her car attacked with fireworks....i wonder if it was going off all night.?

What I don't understand is how they managed to block the road numerous times ,after all it's not a small back road . Surly people saw this happening .

i knew this thread would be about Abbeydale, it happens every year. Last year they fired some accross the main road from one shop into another! it was like "international supermarkets at war" :)

What I don't understand is how they managed to block the road numerous times ,after all it's not a small back road . Surly people saw this happening .

they used cones and numbers of people, most decent thinking people stop as not to hurt anyone....its a shame someone didnt decide to take them out with the car....

when my daughter was ambushed, the van in front decided he had to drive over the cones to enable everbody to escape...

South Yorkshire police.?

it was normal in the 70s - people used to throw fireworks all the time, bonny night had a sense of fear & anarchy - no one hurt thank god, not a major incident

My daughter lives on Abbeydale Road and for 3 years now on bonfire night it has been ridiculous. Fireworks been thrown at motorists and houses and youths rioting. The police struggle to control them.

what part of abbeydale road? i lived there for 5 years (only moved this year) and never saw any incidents like that.

Radio Sheffield said that police are looking for a gang of about 15-20 asian youths some wearing masks that was responsible for aiming fire works at passing cars and buses and for a time blocking abbeydale road, but its not a new thing the link reports on what happened last year.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-firework-yobs-pelt-999-crews-1-5099453