Sheffield traffic getting worse

Just on look north , tomtom has released data showing Sheffields traffic has got a whole lot worse in the last 12 months...

We are now just behind London in terms of delays etc...

Cannot find an official release yet other than this itv page

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-11-06/congestion-improves-in-just-three-uk-cities/

Council incompetence or a deliberate plan so they can introduce a congestion charge ? :suspect:

I am sure most people on here could come up with at least one sensible suggestion to improve flow...and yet common sense seems in short supply at the council.

Where's planner1...??

Just on look north , tomtom has released data showing Sheffields traffic has got a whole lot worse in the last 12 months...

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-11-06/congestion-improves-in-just-three-uk-cities/

Council incompetence or a deliberate plan so they can introduce a congestion charge ? :suspect:

I am sure most people on here could come up with at least one sensible suggestion to improve flow...and yet common sense seems in short supply at the council.

Where's planner1...??

Stuck in traffic, he'll be along soon enough.

Where's planner1...??

Planner 1 is having a nice holiday, glad to see you miss me.

Where in that article does it mention " a whole lot worse"? It actually just says it is worse. That could mean it's a tiny bit worse, we don't know.

Why do people like you constantly think that the Council is looking to introduce congestion charging. They are not. It isn't needed and there is no political will to do so that I have seen.

Could it be that the Council's new, much lower car park tariffs have attracted more visitors? Maybe that's why traffic is a bit slower.

So what have Nottingham done to reduce congestion, dare we ask? I suppose it might be that the place was strewn with major roadworks a year ago and taking them away has improved it, but is there something else?

Where's planner1...??

This gets me so angry This report seems to have been written by some 15 year old with no knowledge of English grammer ( ITV for you) There is no such word as GOTTEN in the English language!!!!

This gets me so angry This report seems to have been written by some 15 year old with no knowledge of English grammer ( ITV for you) There is no such word as GOTTEN in the English language!!!!

At least it's ITV and you're not having to pay for it through the licence fee.

It's grammar by the way. And you must remember to end your sentences with full stops.

It is something everyone has known about for some time, putting some money into it and creating a study with statistics and reasonable context of the enviroment tested will hopefully be of some benefit

In Bold - People in glass houses...?

yes traffic flow is getting worse, and its going to get even slower soon, meadowhead roundabout is being reduced from 3 to 2 lanes, major roundabout into sheffield and they are restricting traffic flow straight away, nice to see that the users of it were consulted. ..NOT

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Removing some of the traffic lights would help the flow of traffic ! Or at least monitoring them in a better way . Anyone traveling along Penistone road in the rush hour will know what I mean .

...Council incompetence or a deliberate plan so they can introduce a congestion charge ?...

...Could it be that the Council's new, much lower car park tariffs have attracted more visitors? Maybe that's why traffic is a bit slower...

I would imagine the Streets Ahead programme has had some effect, and, to a limited extent, the work to replace the tramlines. I'd also be interested to see if there has been a significant increase in car ownership and usage, although I can't find any figures for that.