Tackle to Fish - closed?

bag up is in chapeltown. when nitrobaits at southey green shut down, bag up put a big banner advert on the old ritz building but were made to remove it.

That's a shame :(

I bought my two Daiwa carp rods from the through Ebay, smashing deal on them and a nice bloke that I dealt with :(

Read on another forum that Fishermans Friend Birmingham is to close early next year, they are having a everything must go sale in January.

Some things will go at cost accordingly.

Sad to read this, the guys were great and provided a dawn till dusk service in summer. Fishing has really changed since I was a kid, online shopping, including ebay and the rise of commercials over clubs have really affected the community aspect of fishing. Rivers are largely empty and tackle is now so cheap there must be little profit in it.

I have been back fishing since 05, I came back to it as part of my work for a charity for kids who run away from home. I was invited to work with a youngster who was in care and he had run away 95%of the last few months, back to very dangerous influences.

After taking him fishing, he stopped, started to build his life, before these influences took to a place he could not escape. Sadly fewer shops, fewer role models fewer anglers, fewer shops..

In the last 8years I can think of three shops that have gone in Sheff. Sad.

Over the last year I've been using the tackle shop/small warehouse across from the blue bell at Hackenthorpe, a great helpful couple who run it, the prices are good and have a great website, well worth a nosy.:thumbsup:

Sad to read this, the guys were great and provided a dawn till dusk service in summer. Fishing has really changed since I was a kid, online shopping, including ebay and the rise of commercials over clubs have really affected the community aspect of fishing. Rivers are largely empty and tackle is now so cheap there must be little profit in it.

I have been back fishing since 05, I came back to it as part of my work for a charity for kids who run away from home. I was invited to work with a youngster who was in care and he had run away 95%of the last few months, back to very dangerous influences.

After taking him fishing, he stopped, started to build his life, before these influences took to a place he could not escape. Sadly fewer shops, fewer role models fewer anglers, fewer shops..

In the last 8years I can think of three shops that have gone in Sheff. Sad.

Were two of them in the Wicker because that was due to to the Sheffield flood of 2007

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 08:25 ----------

Over the last year I've been using the tackle shop/small warehouse across from the blue bell at Hackenthorpe, a great helpful couple who run it, the prices are good and have a great website, well worth a nosy.:thumbsup:

Whats it called?

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 08:28 ----------

Bag up Angling is a great place and the guys have made very sizeable donations for prizes to both our fishing matches so far for Lillie as has Tardis at Firth park, so please don't have a go at them for trying to preserve their business. It's not their fault the shop on Penistone Road shut down.

Were two of them in the Wicker because that was due to to the Sheffield flood of 2007

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 08:25 ----------

Whats it called?

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 08:28 ----------

Bag up Angling is a great place and the guys have made very sizeable donations for prizes to both our fishing matches so far for Lillie as has Tardis at Firth park, so please don't have a go at them for trying to preserve their business. It's not their fault the shop on Penistone Road shut down.

The unit at hacky is called MNP GROUP.NET, if you cant get the web site up on that adresse, just type in fishing tackle shop Hackenthorpe, that'll take you there.:thumbsup:

The unit at hacky is called MNP GROUP.NET, if you cant get the web site up on that adresse, just type in fishing tackle shop Hackenthorpe, that'll take you there.:thumbsup:

smells a bit fishy to me :shocked:

Tackle shop at Hackenthorpe is

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 16:52 ----------

Sorry poked the wrong button the web site is nmproducts ok for lower end products a bit like dragon carp in its early days

Shame to see another tackle shop go under. Let's hope for a better 2014.

bit of an update, was driving past it today and noticed a shutter up, so popped in, a new tackle shop is opening "mid to late febuary" in the exact same premises, non of the old owners/staff, wish the new guys the best of luck.

there's sadly less and less decent tackle shops in sheffield every year...

a real shame so many have disappeared, and a shame (but completely understandable) how few have pole alleys or even decent level poles in stock that they can actually get out for customers to look at...