Tackle to Fish - closed?

there's sadly less and less decent tackle shops in sheffield every year...

a real shame so many have disappeared, and a shame (but completely understandable) how few have pole alleys or even decent level poles in stock that they can actually get out for customers to look at...

Dars35 Fishing Republic have a full length pole alley. Got my Z12 from there and had it up at 17.5m in the shop. John and Alan where great lads at the old tackle to fish. Don't think these new lads are as friendly! Stick to FR n Billy's methinks!

i went in the new tackle twofish today,its exactly the same as it was when it was the old shop,same stock and everthing just different blokes

they didn't have any pellets by the way

Are they still likely to open early Sunday mornings? That was the best thing about Tackle2Fish, able to get bait at all hours!

Good to hear it's back open as it was/is the best stocked shop near me and the guys who worked were always willing to help. Still not as good as Billy Clarkes IMO (which is a bit more of a drive for me) but not far off :)

yes, glad it's back open, & I'm with you mr skinner - pretty handy on a sunday especially if you've not been able to get on the bank, you can at least satisfy a small piece of fishing craving with retail therapy...

Richard, yes - fishy repub have 2 of the 3 locally I can think of that has a pole alley now

there's FR sheffield & Darfield (Rotherham one doesn't have one)

climax

I know others will set poles up for you to look at but I always feel I'm putting them out by asking to look at one pole, let alone compare 4 or 5

yes, glad it's back open, & I'm with you mr skinner - pretty handy on a sunday especially if you've not been able to get on the bank, you can at least satisfy a small piece of fishing craving with retail therapy...

Richard, yes - fishy repub have 2 of the 3 locally I can think of that has a pole alley now

there's FR sheffield & Darfield (Rotherham one doesn't have one)

climax

I know others will set poles up for you to look at but I always feel I'm putting them out by asking to look at one pole, let alone compare 4 or 5

yes it good ti see them back.

adrian at bankside tackle is also good for bait on a sunday mornimg,he closes at 12. very handy when fishing over at aston or kiveton

---------- Post added 04-03-2014 at 20:42 ----------

yes it good ti see them back.

adrian at bankside tackle is also good for bait on a sunday mornimg,he closes at 12. very handy when fishing over at aston or kiveton

or killamarsh

Are they still likely to open early Sunday mornings? That was the best thing about Tackle2Fish, able to get bait at all hours!

Good to hear it's back open as it was/is the best stocked shop near me and the guys who worked were always willing to help. Still not as good as Billy Clarkes IMO (which is a bit more of a drive for me) but not far off :)

Open today and stocking up,but open Daily 0830 except Sunday.Fear the worst for them with those times.

notice says open 0830 and they have pellets,also the section behind the counter is stocked and upstairs has mainly chairs

Edited by matsalleh
times dded

yes lobworms, I've only been in Bankside once (opposite end of city for me) but he went to the trouble of unpacking a Drennan Acolyte pole for me to look at, very kind of him

I'll definately be back there at some point when spare time allows...

yes lobworms, I've only been in Bankside once (opposite end of city for me) but he went to the trouble of unpacking a Drennan Acolyte pole for me to look at, very kind of him

I'll definately be back there at some point when spare time allows...

he is right helpful,are you buying an acolyte dars35? seriously nice peace of kit

waiting for the acolyte carp, which I'll proably go for as I do mostly tench fishing with the pole, and naturally you get lots of carp with the tench

the acolyte is a true dream, I've got a zircon at present & despite the acolyte being slightly heavier, it's stiffer & because of the excellent balance you don't notice the additional few grams...

the acolyte carp is slightly heavier than the acolyte, but it's almost as rigid, and I'm told stiffer than the Zircon, so that's me more or less convinced...

waiting for the acolyte carp, which I'll proably go for as I do mostly tench fishing with the pole, and naturally you get lots of carp with the tench

the acolyte is a true dream, I've got a zircon at present & despite the acolyte being slightly heavier, it's stiffer & because of the excellent balance you don't notice the additional few grams...

the acolyte carp is slightly heavier than the acolyte, but it's almost as rigid, and I'm told stiffer than the Zircon, so that's me more or less convinced...

rumor has it that their are two sections of a acolyte in the margins of peg 8 in a pind somewhere in Loxley,worth a bob or two,you didnt here that from me by the way ;-)

you have heard correct about the acolyte carp,stonking pole

if you lik tench but dont like busted tackle from carp,have you tried lanta at aston?

i had some stuning tench out of there up to 4lbs over the weekend dars35,got battered by carp as well but only up to 5lb so fishing light will not see you smashed by a minster.

infact owner alex always tells me to chuck anything over 5 into the lake behind (called split)

not surpised - peg 8's a proper barbel/snag fest

I drew it in the only match I ever fished on there, and wasn't geared up appropriately

lost 4 barbel, which would have won it for me

on aston I've not fished lanta, but have fished split & lily a few times

down that side of the city, I've only really been fishing kiveton waters the last few years, but I do fish a few venues on the north side

I love kiveton waters though, had some good tench over the years, but there's more silvers & carp show now than tench - having said that the silvers are a good size & I've had carp to 15lb 12oz (on my Zircon!)

not surpised - peg 8's a proper barbel/snag fest

I drew it in the only match I ever fished on there, and wasn't geared up appropriately

lost 4 barbel, which would have won it for me

on aston I've not fished lanta, but have fished split & lily a few times

down that side of the city, I've only really been fishing kiveton waters the last few years, but I do fish a few venues on the north side

I love kiveton waters though, had some good tench over the years, but there's more silvers & carp show now than tench - having said that the silvers are a good size & I've had carp to 15lb 12oz (on my Zircon!)

yes,kiveton is a desent venue dars35,but a bit too open to the wind in winter months so i havnt fished there fir a while

cant belief you drew peg 8 at Loxley haha,it can be a nitemare if you fish with a weak bottom but a winner if you have the knowledge,always pays to go and visit a vinue and talk to the locals a week before the match in my book ;-)

the snags that you hit on 8 by the way are the old lily beds,they were removed but the roots are deep and so keep coming back