Asylum seeker forces council to pay for flying lessons !

Ahem, ive reported your post as you seem incapable of making your point without insulting others.

Have a nice day.

Good for you, if you class that post as insulting you need to grow a pair..oops sorry you already have.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 11:33 ----------

Question for you Boyfriday. If your average Jon Smith or Joe Chav rocked up at the council offices and said 'I wanna learn to fly, innit'. Do you think they would get flying lesson or told to take a running jump?

Take you time. :)

Never in a million years, BUT I don't actually believe this is what happened and have posted links demonstrating why.

Good for you, if you class that post as insulting you need to grow a pair..oops sorry you already have.

You do that a lot dont you bf. I could easily say you arent a black man.

Tell you what, lets meet and clear it up once and for all?

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 11:37 ----------

Is there some reason to single out white British people, instead of just British people?

Whites make up the majority.

Simples.

His lawyer was on the radio this morning saying he should get the funding because he has temporary leave to remain with a good chance of getting leave to remain. He also said this student would pay back his Uni loan and give back to society through his taxes in future. He also said the lad had a Geordie accent.

According to the report in the Telegraph they'll probably have to leave the country next year anyway...they're not going to be paying much back if that happens..

"Taxpayers will be hit with a £10,000 bill to pay for a failed asylum seeker to train to be a pilot, even though the Government has said he must leave Britain next year. "

If any of my kids got into university to study aviation I'd be delighted, what's wrong with you?!

Should we ban poor kids from doing aviation, dentistry or medicine because they're expensive courses to do?

Ps the implication from the Mail article was the flying lessons were going to be undertaken and paid for before he entered university.

There's clearly some clever smoke, mirrors and BS at work here to arouse the gullible :hihi:

If any of My kids got into aviation as a career I too would be delighted ! I would also be Paying for it wouldn't I ?? In fact now you mention it my youngest has had a couple of trial flights as presents and she loves it..............maybe Sheffield city council will fund her PPL ???? What do you reckon??

You do that a lot dont you bf. I could easily say you arent a black man.
Ooo, how dare you?! :cry: Where's that report button? {stamps feet hysterically} :hihi:

Tell you what, lets meet and clear it up once and for all?

Is that a kind of date offer kinda thing? ;)

Whites make up the majority.

Simples.

I thought the British made up the majority, but never mind.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 11:43 ----------

If any of My kids got into aviation as a career I too would be delighted ! I would also be Paying for it wouldn't I ??
EUREKA..and that's the salient point, if your children were orphaned you wouldn't be, the local authority would in order to satisfy their obligations under the Children's Act.

In fact now you mention it my youngest has had a couple of trial flights as presents and she loves it..............maybe Sheffield city council will fund her PPL ???? What do you reckon??

I reckon they've got as much chance of funding as my children had-zero.

Very true! And many more besides but hey it doesn't matter because according to the headlines these immigrants contribute more than they take ..............apparently :suspect:

This headline is deceiving. The one point that should be highlighted is that immigrants arriving from outside the UK since 1995 take more out of the benefits system than they put back in according to the stats released. Well that's what was said in the report on Radio 4 this morning.

But the study also discovered that between 1995 and 2011, non-EEA immigrants claimed more in benefits than they paid in taxes, mainly because they had more children than people already living here.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/immigrants-made-25bn-net-contribution-to-uk-economy-since-2000-report-finds.1383636407

So they contribute X to the tax system but take out X+Y.

Ooo, how dare you?! :cry: Where's that report button? {stamps feet hysterically} :hihi:

Is that a kind of date offer kinda thing? ;)

I thought the British made up the majority, but never mind.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 11:43 ----------

EUREKA..and that's the salient point, if your children were orphaned you wouldn't be, the local authority would in order to satisfy their obligations under the Children's Act.

The salient point is that this guy is an asylum seeker ie not British ! As an asylu

Seeker he should return as soon as its safe to do so! Not take high flying career paths at our expense ! If this is the case then I would hope all British orphans are actively encouraged to take up flying up and down the country and any carers foster parents on here should apply for them If they so wish? Who wouldn't want that as a career ?

According to the report in the Telegraph they'll probably have to leave the country next year anyway...they're not going to be paying much back if that happens..

"Taxpayers will be hit with a £10,000 bill to pay for a failed asylum seeker to train to be a pilot, even though the Government has said he must leave Britain next year. "

I was just reporting what his lawyer was saying and trying not to add my take on it. My gut instinct was that the lawyer was trying it on and was trying to convince himself that leave to remain would be given next year. His argument that 'the lad has a Geordie accent' was particularly amusing.

Perhaps the best ruling might be that this is all put on hold until a ruling is made on their right to remain here and it could be discussed again then.

You really are witless AdamSmith.

Whilst on the face of it providing flying lessons for anybody seems like madness, what do you think a qualified pilot with an aviation degree will contribute in tax revenues to the exchequer?

Incidentally the funding comes by way of loan, not grant and if their application to remain is successful they'll be transferred to the normal student loan system. There's obviously more to this story than meets the eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487444/Taxpayers-10-000-teach-failed-asylum-seeker-fly.html

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 11:12 ----------

Ah-hem, you'll probably discover non white British people are competing in the same pool, so dont you go getting a rash with that persecution complex.

This is for a Private Pilot Licence. If it were for a Commercial Licence it would have another zero on the cost.

In other words, this will not qualify him to be a paid pilot.

Perhaps the best ruling might be that this is all put on hold until a ruling is made on their right to remain here and it could be discussed again then.

Eminently sensible advice.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:13 ----------

This is for a Private Pilot Licence. If it were for a Commercial Licence it would have another zero on the cost.

..and based on what's been said in the media I don't believe for a second that the local authority are being held responsible for a PPL course that he undertakes outside of a degree course at a recognised institution.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:17 ----------

he should return as soon as its safe to do so! Not take high flying career paths at our expense ! If this is the case then I would hope all British orphans are actively encouraged to take up flying up and down the country and any carers foster parents on here should apply for them If they so wish? Who wouldn't want that as a career ?

I thought your grievance was about foreigners coming here and not contributing AS?

I don't know the ins or outs of this individual's asylum claim but he appears to have been here many years after being abandoned and (apparently) made a lot of his life despite his inherent disadvantages. I thought he'd be the kind of youngster you'd be celebrating Adam rather than denouncing.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:22 ----------

But the successful completion of a degree course in aviation will certainly make him attractive from an employer's point of view don't you think?

Let's look at it rationally-we have two effectively orphaned children, who've been taken into care, yet succeeded academically and accepted on challenging academic courses, where the local authority will be responsible to provide loans for their maintenance (just as they would British students in the same position), don't you think it makes a change from the usual diatribe we hear about immigrants?

What about the message it sends? If you can get your kids over here and abandoned them then our immigration policy goes out the window. Why are we offering a free child rearing and education service to failed asylum seekers and illegal immigants?

The quicker they are sent back on a plane the less painful for all concerned - they'll love it as they can pretend their flying it themselves. :D

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 13:28 ----------

But the successful completion of a degree course in aviation will certainly make him attractive from an employer's point of view don't you think?

But there is no shortage of pilots. It is a sector that has always had fierce competition because so many little boys want to do it when they grow up (some girls too before I'm pulled up!) and because of the number of pilots who leave the armed services and naturally look for commercial flying work.