Take Two Club

Can you remember the Take Two club ????

Do you have any funny stories, can you remember any of the bands that played..... alot of them are quite big now or were ..Stone roses , The Charletons.

We spent alot of our time working and playing and getting very very very very Pi **ed there but no one ever mentions it !!!!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

yeah my dad was friends with marcus the owner, and he used to go in regular, i didnt though cos i was only about 14 at the time, but remember the "take two t-shirts" and some of the strange bands that played there.

ive seen loads and loads of gigs there, used to know the bouncers and staff ....especially a couple of psychobillys that worked there, i believe they were in a psychobilly band? and my mate froggy used to be a bouncer there.......once when the meteors played there the place got trashed and the bouncers got beaten up lol

i remember seeing old canadian hardcore punk band DOA there On my birthday one time, that was amazing.

me and my mates went to see dr and the crippens there, and ended up with me and acouple of mates running round with the false head on that the singer was wearing.

ive seen loads and loads of local bands there including slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump.......i believer slopdosh supported the macc lads i saw there.....that gig was absolutely ram, you couldnt move

ive seen loads and loads of local bands there including slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump.......

i knew "mixmif" as he called himself from that band, in fact i think my dad was gonna manage them, (cant remember if he actually did). i can still remember some of the songs, sunday sport etc. very funny!!

i knew "mixmif" as he called himself from that band, in fact i think my dad was gonna manage them, (cant remember if he actually did). i can still remember some of the songs, sunday sport etc. very funny!!

i used to hang around with mick and tommy loads, in the peace gardens and stuff.........ive been trying to get somebody off here that still hangs around with mick to get him on here......looks like hes not arrived yet :(

i used to hang around with mick and tommy loads, in the peace gardens and stuff.........ive been trying to get somebody off here that still hangs around with mick to get him on here......looks like hes not arrived yet

i havent seen him in years, i see Nick though (used to hang around with him, had a mohecan(prob spelt wrong) he still lives on the valley. also i dont know if u knew charlie (david charlesworth) he was a skinhead and used to talk to mick and he lives next door to my mum now.

i havent seen him in years, i see Nick though (used to hang around with him, had a mohecan(prob spelt wrong) he still lives on the valley. also i dont know if u knew charlie (david charlesworth) he was a skinhead and used to talk to mick and he lives next door to my mum now.

charlie doesnt ring a bell, might know by face..............yeah mohican nick i used to hang around loads with, in fact i lived with nick on city road back in 88, after froggy moved out.

i have a few photos of nick and a few of bands with the take two sign above the stage (i think some are of conflict).........i really need to get a damn scanner and add em to my site

i also have all the gigs ive seen wrote in a book, must type out a list of the take 2 gigs ive seen.........theres quite a few.might add em to this thread :)

FROGGY is still alive and well only just though !!!!!!! he is standing right behind me as i type..... he would like to know who you are melthebell.....

The meteors are a bunch of wa**krs they only ever won cos they use weapons....:hihi:

ahaha ello froggy, its sean here (green mohican), you got me to leave home and we shared the house on city road, rememeber?

we worked together on that scheme at kiveton (remmeber when we hid the booze under that bush while we dug that park?)

and that time you "had a word" with adolf and the other boneheads after they chased me and vlad through the markets one time

anyway heres the list of gigs ive seen at the take two club

16th october 1987 - uk subs, the bland

6th december 1987 - the bland, macc lads

11th march 1988 - uk subs

july 7th 1988 - the beyond (derby), maniac (london), bad taste (sheff)

1st november 1988 - slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump

20th november 1988 - slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump

18th december 1988 - uk subs

20th december 1988 - slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump, radiacs

20th may 1989 - G.B.H, slopdosh bobbar and ivan crump

21st august 1989 - muzzle club, penetrator, bomb disneyland

31st august 1989 - yeah god, spin out, human perogrative

1st september 1989 - snuff, defcon 4, moving jelly brothers

16th september 1989 - conflict, plague dogs, feral

22nd september 1989 - the shout, corpse grinders

25th september - 2 saints, face first, american ruse

28th september 1989 - gods little monkeys, muzzle club

5th october 1989 - godflesh, god, kill buddha

12th october 1989 - thrilled skinny, F.C.S

16th october 1989 - xentrix, bedlam choir

18th october 1989 - penetraters, corpse grinder

29th october 1989 - face first, sink, jailcell recipes

3rd december 1989 - uk subs

7th december 1989 - dim, down and outs, illogic

4th january 1990 - corpse grinders, illogic, snuff

24th january 1990 - muzzle club

23rd march 1990 - rubber whips (huddersfield), rat fink, bomb disneyland

24th march 1990 - magic mushroom band, gas police

31st march 1990 - uk subs, corpse grinders

13th april 1990 - D.O.A, corpse grinders

15th april 1990 - Dr and the crippens

1st june 1990 - ullulators, nukli

5th june 1990 - carcass, entombed (swedish)

12th june 1990 - Radical dance faction (RDF)

seems to have stopped mid 1990, is that about when it closed?

i think the only place ive seen more gigs was the hallamshire hotel, prolly only cos it was going longer tbh, that list would prolly be twice as long