Take Two Club

Checked out that thread a while back took me days to read and yeah it brought some memorys back id forgot like the gigs at the george near kelvin seem to remember some gigs at the uni aswell cant remember who played(was nomally pretty wasted) though think it was ggf and some others

As for recordings havent you still got the one of the subs that bloke we met there from scotland taped and sent down seem to remember Charlie Harper dedicating left for dead to froggy and mixmif on it.

Can you remember the Take Two club ????

Do you have any funny stories, can you remember any of the bands that played..... alot of them are quite big now or were ..Stone roses , The Charletons.

We spent alot of our time working and playing and getting very very very very Pi **ed there but no one ever mentions it !!!!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

My other half used to be in a band called Ritual Disguise and they played Take 2 and were filmed by Channel 4 for some "Youth of Today" type documentary back in '87. Like Ice, Like Fire also played the same gig.

Marek or MAZ here. I used to book the bands there at the beginning. Nice memories and good days even if they were a bit tough. I came back to Sheffield last year after over 13 years away, Things have changed! Some not for better. One of the many things I remember was The Stone Roses getting into a fight with the support band, The Prowlers, great RnB band from Leeds. I think it was over a guitar and its Confederate flag logo, I seem to remember. My best memories were talking to one of my heroes Lee Brilleaux when I booked Dr.Feelgood to play the 1st and 2nd anniversaries. Any of those local bands who played there still going? I wouldnt mind revisiting those days. I booked a lot of good bands, and saw a lot of bad ones...But all worth seeing. Cheers.

Any of those local bands who played there still going? I wouldnt mind revisiting those days.

the radiacs have reformed

I was at that conflict gig in 1989. One of the best gigs I ever went to. Big noise in small room! Anyone out there remember the rubber whips from Huddersfield? Anyone got their die suckers demo??

Whereabouts was the Take 2? Is the building still there? I remember seeing it in the gig listings at the time but never went.

54 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Whereabouts was the Take 2? Is the building still there? I remember seeing it in the gig listings at the time but never went.

Attercliffe, opposite what used to be Corona fashions, as you turn towards Darnall on Staniforth Road by the Don, last time i saw it was a mosque type building, or a community centre type place?? It was a building all on its own, with a small row of shops and a bus stop opposite and down from  it

hope this works heres the google maps view of it

Edited by melthebell

On 20/08/2019 at 19:14, Nik said:

I was at that conflict gig in 1989. One of the best gigs I ever went to. Big noise in small room! Anyone out there remember the rubber whips from Huddersfield? Anyone got their die suckers demo??

I saw Rubber whips with Rat fink, Bomb disneyland at Take 2 (23rd march 1990), but dont have anything by em, youre not (Mohican Nik are you?)

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

Attercliffe, opposite what used to be Corona fashions, as you turn towards Darnall on Staniforth Road by the Don, last time i saw it was a mosque type building, or a community centre type place?? It was a building all on its own, with a small row of shops and a bus stop opposite and down from  it

hope this works heres the google maps view of it

Thanks Mel. I'll have a mooch when I get chance.

Used to DJ on a Thursday night down there  as an opener for the  Empty Bed Blues Band..... the place was ahead of it's time and in totally the wrong place to work properly.... a shame really... anyone know what Marcus is up to now ?