Stupid cat knocked glass of juice onto plug socket!

Do I need to call an electrician out just to be on the safe side or can I just deal with it myself?

It tripped the breaker and electrics are all out. Can I just leave that particular socket switched off and unplugged and then turn the power back on?

How long until I can use that socket again?

:cry:

Stupid cat!

Cooking fat :)

Do I need to call an electrician out just to be on the safe side or can I just deal with it myself?

It tripped the breaker and electrics are all out. Can I just leave that particular socket switched off and unplugged and then turn the power back on?

Stupid cat!

Perhaps you need to have a word with your cat?

Otherwise its likely to make the same mistake again

Stupid cat!

No. Just switch off the power to the sockets, open it up and clear it out of any OJ that's left.

No. Just switch off the power to the sockets, open it up and clear it out of any OJ that's left.

Well we've turned the power back on now. Both sockets had a plug in so don't think too much will have gotten inside (hopefully). I might leave it 2 days to dry out and then start using them again. Thanks.

Stupid cat!

Perhaps you could test to see if there's any stray electricity still knocking about by using up one of the cat's nine lives?

By this, I mean (for instance) Sellotaping Catnip to the live terminal ... depending upon the outcome, you'll either need (as well as a fresh glass of juice) a new fuseboard, an emergency vet, an electrician, a jet washer, bucket and a mop. Tip-ex is excellent for disguising claw marks to wallpaper, whilst a pan scrubber removes burnt fur and residual flesh. Use the black wheelie bin. :thumbsup:

Perhaps you could test to see if there's any stray electricity still knocking about by using up one of the cat's nine lives?

By this, I mean (for instance) Sellotaping Catnip to the live terminal ... depending upon the outcome, you'll either need (as well as a fresh glass of juice) a new fuseboard, an emergency vet, an electrician, a jet washer, bucket and a mop. Tip-ex is excellent for disguising claw marks to wallpaper, whilst a pan scrubber removes burnt fur and residual flesh. Use the black wheelie bin. :thumbsup:

Is this known as "Cat testing" as opposed to "Pat testing" ?

I overheard someone in a shop recently saying that their little boy had poured juice through a straw into a plug socket, and it knocked part of their electric off. They used a hairdryer on an extension from one of the plugs which was still working to dry it out.

My cat is obsessed by knocking things off high places, I've had to clear my mantelpiece because of it.

Nah you'll be alright, I've spilled stuff many times onto plug sockets where there has been a plug in the socket.

Just dry the excess, pull out the plug...dry as much as you can, leave it for a couple of hours.

Always worked for me. Don't let an electrician pull your trousers down, they'll tell you your house needs rewiring.

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if I survive the next couple of days. :hihi:

A few weeks ago I was using my electric drill to drive a small pump, it slipped and fell into 6 inch of clean water (not switched on at the time), I quickly pulled it out, shook out the water, put on rubber gloves, switched it on and it's run fine since.