Halifax Rd retail space-will it ever be finished?

Seems like forever now and know it's been discussed previously but what's happening with the retail units on Halifax rd?

Some time ago there were rumours of M&S and Matalan but they've been say vacant for a long time.

Thanks

i doubt it will ever get done there is still empty units also the other side they downed tools on that months ago

I heard they have run out of money so cannot finish it

I want to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to give this retail park two entrances both with traffic lights 20 feet apart.

Whats even more stupid is one entrance is blocked, but no-one's bothered to changed the traffic lights for it.

You can be sat there staring at a red, while the light shows a green to a sodding fence :rant:

I want to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to give this retail park two entrances both with traffic lights 20 feet apart.

Whats even more stupid is one entrance is blocked, but no-one's bothered to changed the traffic lights for it.

You can be sat there staring at a red, while the light shows a green to a sodding fence :rant:

Doesnt the light also show green to the other road (foxhill Rd?) at the same time though?

i doubt it will ever get done there is still empty units also the other side they downed tools on that months ago

It still has its own filter on the traffic lights though. Well annoying if you're coming out of Fox Hill Road.

jb

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 13:33 ----------

Doesnt the light also show green to the other road (foxhill Rd?) at the same time though?

No. The site entrance is one green while Fox Hill is on red. And yes, we have complained (well the wife has) to the relevant people.

jb

It still has its own filter on the traffic lights though. Well annoying if you're coming out of Fox Hill Road.

jb

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 13:33 ----------

No. The site entrance is one green while Fox Hill is on red. And yes, we have complained (well the wife has) to the relevant people.

jb

Im sure a quick call to Highways to make them aware of this would be all that is needed to get it sorted. Again :D

Im sure a quick call to Highways to make them aware of this would be all that is needed to get it sorted. Again :D

You would think so wouldn't you. Sadly you would be wrong.

jb

It's been like this for years, obviously they don't care :(

I don't think it does and since the junction was altered queues of traffic have lengthened noticeably in both directions. Sometimes when the lights go green (going up under the bridge) the lights 50 yds up at Kilner way change to red!

Seems like forever now and know it's been discussed previously but what's happening with the retail units on Halifax rd?

Some time ago there were rumours of M&S and Matalan but they've been say vacant for a long time.

Thanks

back to original question what are they going to be and are they going to get finished

back to original question what are they going to be and are they going to get finished

If they arent finished then they obviously dont have tenants lined up. So therefore nobody knows what they are going to be.

Hope this helps.