Strike action in the public and private sectors !

They don't need to strike, they seem to have cushy jobs where they spend most of their time on internet forums criticising public sector workers.

It's more likely that they have no power over their employer what so ever and no union. Sad really. I think that every workforce should be unionised in some way.

That is the type of thing that is said about ALL public services, NHS etc, do people in high paid jobs have nothing worthwhile to do?

Yes, butt his forum tends to bunch all public sector workers together. They ain't all creaming in the gravy!

Well top gear earns way more than it costs so thats a terrible example. Earning not being a consideration for most in the public sector I know.

I was referring to the culture, the policies, the corruption, the lack of public respect and the pay off and rehire policy.

How do you know they have not caused any issues?

Does it really? Can there really be that many saddos out there buying The Stig Soap-On-A-Ropes? How does it 'earn' way more than it costs? Do you have any figures to support this? I'm amazed.

---------- Post added 12-01-2015 at 12:12 ----------

And plenty of times MPs, police commissioners, MEPs, councilors etc get to office despite very little support.

If the tories want one rule for some votes then it should be the same rule for all votes.

This!! If the Tories want ballots to have at least a 40% backing to be 'legitimate', then there will be a lot of 'illegitimate' Tory MPs out on their arses very soon. What's good for the goose....

In short, let the public sector go on strike, they are I no position to do serious long term damage, they have to be brought to reality.
Aye, the odd day here and there, no one notices. Se how long you'd last if it was everyone for a month

Does it really? Can there really be that many saddos out there buying The Stig Soap-On-A-Ropes? How does it 'earn' way more than it costs? Do you have any figures to support this? I'm amazed.

Its the most watched show in the world mate. I'm sure you can find this out via google but yes it earns a lot more than it costs.

Lots of other broadcasters around the world pay the BBC a sizeable amount to be able to show Top Gear.

Wow, onenerveleft, JFKvNixon, and RonJeremy, must say I wouldn't have guessed that! I thought only the English were daft enough....it appears not. Saying that I do remember one guy in Glasgow interviewed in the Scottish Referendum, saying he would be voting to stay together because he didn't want to risk losing Top Gear! :hihi: It would seem he's not on his own.

It all depends on the turnout.

50%? Just remind us what percentage the tories got at the last election before deciding to inflict financial hardship on 99% of the population?

As for the public service supposingly being gold plated, 50% of employees earn far less than the national average and only 1% of senior managers earn as much as what their counterparts in the private sector do

50%? Just remind us what percentage the tories got at the last election before deciding to inflict financial hardship on 99% of the population?

As for the public service supposingly being gold plated, 50% of employees earn far less than the national average and only 1% of senior managers earn as much as what their counterparts in the private sector do

Oh grow up Mekcy. "Financial hardship on 99% of the population" my foot.

Firstly the national average stats are always to be taken with a pinch of salt because they are flawed twice with not only London weighting but also directors and executives salaries being in there. Is perfectly correct that 1 or 2 directors either owning or controlling entire sections of the business will earn 10x 15x more than the thousands of workers on the shop floor doing the work.

Secondly, this country has absolutely no indication of what "financial hardship" actually means. The way the media and people such as yourself drone on with these sob stories about people losing their jobs, people having to tighten their belts a bit, people having to economise..... blah blah.

We are in a recession. Of course people are having to tighten their belts. Adults in the real world know this and have done this for years. People adapt when times are hard and then relax when times get easier. Nothing new there.

Yes some people will be unfortunate enough to come out of work, but the state provides. The state pays bills, puts a roof over your head, puts food in your mouth. The country is rich enough to have all these things. There are enough people earning money paying taxes to create the public purse which funds all those things.

Poverty in this county seems to range from people having to live off tinned foods and fish fingers through to people who don't have the internet and a digital television. That is not POVERTY. That is just living on a low income.

Poverty is a word used to describe people living in social housing, with pre-payment fuel and subsidised living costs through the state. That is not POVERTY. That is living on a low income.

To hear the whinging, whining, moaning and media reporting on having to deal with "financial hardship" the world would think half the population was on the streets eating dog food out of a tin. When they saw the reality they would think we were mad to scream "hardship"

99% struggling are they??? You wouldn't know it from looking at a shopping centre or supermarket every weekend. You wouldn't know it from looking at the clothing people are buying and the contents of their (even state provided) homes. You wouldn't know if from the riots that were black Friday of people desperately trying to get their hands on the latest tech. You wouldn't know it from the amount of people wandering around with the latest smart phone, tablets, ipads.

Even down to the worst affected people we provide. The money is generated. This is what is available to street homeless in the UK...

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9023005.ece/alternates/w620/homeless.jpg

http://www.qha.org.uk/sites/default/Images/BedsQOC2008.jpg

Food in their belly. A roof over their head. Basic but provided.

This is the other world we forget about....

http://static.ibnlive.in.com/ibnlive/pix/sitepix/12_2010/homeless_india.jpg

Our "financial hardship" is so first world we even have eccentrics like this guy of the population who choose to live a homeless lifestyle despite having a job and earning money for himself.... http://www.piano-tuning.co.uk/lifestyle/

I wonder what the folks with no choice in the Third World would think of that.

In a nutshell. Come back to me when they decide to strike over some REAL problems. Not just the same stuff that everyone else has been dealing with for years and will continue to deal with.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Oh grow up Mekcy. "Financial hardship on 99% of the population" my foot.

Firstly the national average stats are always to be taken with a pinch of salt because they are flawed twice with not only London weighting but also directors and executives salaries being in there. Is perfectly correct that 1 or 2 directors either owning or controlling entire sections of the business will earn 10x 15x more than the thousands of workers on the shop floor doing the work.

Secondly, this country has absolutely no indication of what "financial hardship" actually means. The way the media and people such as yourself drone on with these sob stories about people losing their jobs, people having to tighten their belts a bit, people having to economise..... blah blah.

We are in a recession. Of course people are having to tighten their belts. Adults in the real world know this and have done this for years. People adapt when times are hard and then relax when times get easier. Nothing new there.

Yes some people will be unfortunate enough to come out of work, but the state provides. The state pays bills, puts a roof over your head, puts food in your mouth. The country is rich enough to have all these things. There are enough people earning money paying taxes to create the public purse which funds all those things.

Poverty in this county seems to range from people having to live off tinned foods and fish fingers through to people who don't have the internet and a digital television. That is not POVERTY. That is just living on a low income.

Poverty is a word used to describe people living in social housing, with pre-payment fuel and subsidised living costs through the state. That is not POVERTY. That is living on a low income.

To hear the whinging, whining, moaning and media reporting on having to deal with "financial hardship" the world would think half the population was on the streets eating dog food out of a tin. When they saw the reality they would think we were mad to scream "hardship"

99% struggling are they??? You wouldn't know it from looking at a shopping centre or supermarket every weekend. You wouldn't know it from looking at the clothing people are buying and the contents of their (even state provided) homes. You wouldn't know if from the riots that were black Friday of people desperately trying to get their hands on the latest tech. You wouldn't know it from the amount of people wandering around with the latest smart phone, tablets, ipads.

Even down to the worst affected people we provide. The money is generated. This is what is available to street homeless in the UK...

http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9023005.ece/alternates/w620/homeless.jpg

http://www.qha.org.uk/sites/default/Images/BedsQOC2008.jpg

Food in their belly. A roof over their head. Basic but provided.

This is the other world we forget about....

http://static.ibnlive.in.com/ibnlive/pix/sitepix/12_2010/homeless_india.jpg

Our "financial hardship" is so first world we even have eccentrics like this guy of the population who choose to live a homeless lifestyle despite having a job and earning money for himself.... http://www.piano-tuning.co.uk/lifestyle/

I wonder what the folks with no choice in the Third World would think of that.

In a nutshell. Come back to me when they decide to strike over some REAL problems. Not just the same stuff that everyone else has been dealing with for years and will continue to deal with.

what an excellent post :thumbsup: