Congratulations Nick Matthews, world champion from Sheffield

Great work Nick, have your month off and would love to see what you can do to get people inspired.

I like the statement, "Your worst enemy is yourself, your second enemy is yourself and your third enemy is your opponent".

I watched the World squash final which Nick won & what a great final it was lasting for 1 hour 51 mins.Gregory Gaultier the world no 2 who Nick beat just ran out of steam in the final game.Squash should be an olympic sport for sure but why it is not is beyond me.It is in the commomwealth games.It was beaten by wrestling to become an olympic sport.The pro players do not get the recognition they deserve as they are supreme athletes&will often play on consecutive days if the progress through competitions&could possibly play 4 or 5 days straight off if they reach a final.then you get the vastly overpaid footballers who moan if they have to play 2 games in a week&just for a mere 30,40.50.60.100 or 200k per week the poor things!i spoke to peter nichol who was world no 1 at squash for approx 5 years & i asked him how many hours per did he train while holding the no1 spot,he told me he trained for 6 hours per day! that is real dedication

well done done us all proud

Nick Matthew is born and bred in Sheffield, still lives here, School High Storrs, member at Hallamshire Squash Club since a young boy,this is an amazing achievement, in Tennis terms equivalent to winning at Wimbledon 3 out of last 4 years. Brilliant !!!

His dad was a sports teacher at high storrs school in the 70s

Nick Matthew is born and bred in Sheffield, still lives here, School High Storrs, member at Hallamshire Squash Club since a young boy,this is an amazing achievement, in Tennis terms equivalent to winning at Wimbledon 3 out of last 4 years. Brilliant !!!

I saw him speak at an event last year. He was so passionate about his sport and about Sheffield, it made you really proud. Good lad.

Nick Mathew has just won yhe Hong Kong Open, and regained his No. 1 in the world ranking.

Well done to the lad. Sheffield seems to be producing a few decent sportsmen and women at the minute and aint he a Blade as well!

Well done to the lad. Sheffield seems to be producing a few decent sportsmen and women at the minute and aint he a Blade as well!

no hes an owl unfortunately but hes a good bloke