Models available of Sheffield buses.

In the 1970's there was a Sheffield Transport information office in the 'Hole in the Road', manned by a buxom blond lady. She had, on the window counter, a stand with Dinky sized models of Sheffield buses. These were re-paints of such Dinky and Corgi bus models of the time, made by different individuals . Now, by contrast, there are available many new models of old buses and other vehicles by EFE, Corgi and other current model manufacturers. I noticed on 'The Model Bus Zone' that there are a number of Sheffield models available dating from the 1940's onwards. Unlike the earlier, and cruder, Dinky and Corgi models, these newer versions are works of art. They are extremely accurate having superb transfers of the city's Coats of Arms, legal lettering ( which it is possible to read with a magnifying glass; General manager, head office address etc.. ), neat lining with full interiors and glazing. The same bus can be available with different route numbers and destinations. If you still can't afford that train set you never had as a child, these are well worth consideration for the mantelpiece ( sorry, 'Cornish !).

In the 1970's there was a Sheffield Transport information office in the 'Hole in the Road', manned by a buxom blond lady...)
That would be Marion.:love:.:love:.:love:
Dinky sized models of Sheffield buses....
If you haven't got this one, PM me a mailing address and I'll put it in the post gratis..:)

If you haven't got this one, PM me a mailing address and I'll put it in the post gratis..:)

I have the very same one and also the red T-Model Ford still in their boxes,they were made by Lledo as promotions for the Sheffield Star,

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/cat657/Decorated%20images/ledo010.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/cat657/Decorated%20images/ledo007.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/cat657/Decorated%20images/ledo016.jpg

That's right Hillsboro', Marion was the lady, always had a smile. Your older model is more of a toy than the ones I refer to, but interesting with its Sheffield profile. I must learn how to do links, until then maybe you, or someone else, could oblige with one, or more, pictures of the ones I'm referring to ? Thanks in advance.

...maybe you, or someone else, could oblige with one, or more, pictures of the ones I'm referring to..
I've sent you a PM..:)