Low-profile, low-power gfx card: which is best atm?

I was browsing another thread, and this reminded me that I wouldn't mind beefing up the graphics of my PC. Unlike the spec listed at that link, my card is a G210 with 1GB of RAM.

So, as I am well out-of-touch with PC components and specs these days, my simple/quick question is: which is currently the 'best' low-profile card, with the lowest power draw?

(not looking to upgrade anything else in the PC, as still plenty fast enough, and not looking to upgrade the PSU if I can help it)

I'm not biased ATi (AMD these days) or nVidia btw, nor bothered about OEM or licensed (Inno3D, etc.).

:)

There is also this which is considerably better if it can fit..

The low profile card market is on its way out as the graphics built-in to Intel CPUs is "good enough" in most cases and the one built in to AMD is generally more powerful than the few low profile cards you can get hold of. (excluding the one I mentioned above)

Is there no potential for moving the PC into a slightly bigger case rather than being stuck with low profile?

Edited by AlexAtkin

Just slightly off topic, have you had any power switch issues with that PC. I'm asking because a friend has a similar system, same case but intel CPU. I ended up installing a seperate power switch because the one on the case worked 1 in every 5 times pressed.

The only other thing to remember/consider are your connections and whether your monitor supports specs other than vga (D-sub) i.e., HDMI and DVI.

Thank you all very much for the input :)

Ghozer's suggestion seems best atm. I had a look in the case & that larger one is unlikely to fit, or really-really tightly which won't be any good for airflow.

Not looking to change the case, as it sits flat on my desk, which isn't very big at all (I don't have PCs on the floor, vents accumulate dust far too easier at ground level). HDMI is a must, goes into an HDMI auto-switcher as I share the monitor with the 360.

I don't suppose newer HDMI gfx cards also pass sound through HDMI these days? (would make my interconnects slightly less complicated :D)

Yeah, the card I linked will do Audio over HDMI :)

One thing, if that is your PC in the OP then the power supply is only rated at 220w. Unfortunately, you will be lucky to get a modern-ish card to work with that. The 6570 needs about 20 amps on the 12v rail. I'm guessing a big box machine like that will struggle and possibly contain a psu that barely fits it's original spec.

Good point jagsthecat - i'm usually on the ball with power supplies, but it didn't even cross my mind this time round...

the power supply in the OP's computer is 14A@+12V - which won't be enough

Posting an update on this thread as I ended up buying a Radeon R7 250 low-profile not so long ago and, re. jagsthecat's comment above (a worthy one), I can report that the card works absolutely flawlessly with the stock PSU (no PSU undersupply or heat issues at all, running Grid Autosport and CS:GO at 1080/30+fps for a couple hours).

Is it 'low profile' or single slot?

I need a low profile (as low as possible, preferably single slot) for an all-in-one PC upgrade..