Burgers Inc, Ecclesall Road

So from people who have been to both, which is better, Burgers Inc or Mudcrab? And is this reflected on the prices?

I went to mud crab not too long after it's opened. The burger I had consisted of three teeny burgers in a bread bun with a cocktail stick stabbed in with two little cocktail gherkins stabbed down it and standard skinny chips (stress on a skinny). I feel my description if making it sound better than it was. No salad in the burger or sauces or cheese or sides.

My favourite until today was swanky franks. A more friendly burger place that does make nice burgers. Better than uncle Sams and Yankees.

I also quite enjoyed the posh burgers at the Devonshire arms in beeley, near chatsworth.

Tonight I went to our final contender in the burger competition with my dad. We went to Burger Inc. was it going to beat the quality of Beeley? Or the food comfort of Swanky franks? Yes! We have a winner!

The burgers are nice and big in size, but manageable. Lovely bread, doesn't fall apart. Comes with a side of coleslaw and chips and an almost full sized gherkin (a bit chopped off to keep it on the board so it doesn't roll off!). I felt satisfied after eating it but not bloated or deathly. A sign of good quality ingredients. My dad had the Hot mama burger and loved it and I had the one with mango salsa. Delish.

Oh and service is nice and friendly!

I will definitely go there again, several times! And my dad is going to take his friends too!

Edited by haddock26
How could I forget to mention the service?!

Please don't take forum users for mugs.

One new member with 3 posts, all about the same place, and now a glowing review from a person that hasn't used the forum for 14 months, prior to that they posted all about car boots for a week! Swanky franks, Sams, Yankees and the Dev at Beeley didn't excite you enough to post comments?

If it is good people will say so. Also trying to belittle what is clearly their (your) competition is just petty. Mudcrab has been good when I have been. Showing a little humility and waiting for genuine reviews would be much better.

One new member with 3 posts, all about the same place, and now a glowing review from a person that hasn't used the forum for 14 months, prior to that they posted all about car boots for a week! Swanky franks, Sams, Yankees and the Dev at Beeley didn't excite you enough to post comments?

If it is good people will say so. Also trying to belittle what is clearly their (your) competition is just petty. Mudcrab has been good when I have been. Showing a little humility and waiting for genuine reviews would be much better.

:hihi::hihi: said the same ! So obvious :roll:

Mudcrab used to be fab but recently less so. I'll try to go and see what the fuss is about and report back!

I have no affiliation with it whatsoever, however, I do wish it the best of luck, especially as it is an independent. I didn't support it last time because I didn't like the fussiness of the menu and food, it also seemed a little pretentious.

If was to open a place though, I wouldn't post anything on here, been open about the person I am or not. Just my opinion.

I'm a lurker usually. And was lurking at this thread to see what people thought of the place. And seeing as no one really said much I thought I'd just give it a go and share my opinions to help other people in the same boat. Apologies for not posting more often about any topic.

Some establishments have enough reviews for people. Some places need more support or even some reviews in the first place. And my opinion is similar to Veronas above. I wasn't keen on Kitchen for similar reasons.

So sometimes you kind of know what to expect of certain places so sometimes they're not worth a post. But when things take you by surprise you want to tell someone more than just through word of mouth.

And as for my competition (as in my personal hunt for my favourite burger in or around Sheffield), surely it's fair to compare so people have an idea? And I only said Burger inc was better than those. Not once did I say any bad about any of them. I said beeley has quality and swanky franks used to be my favourite). Oh except I said I wasn't impressed with mudcrab when it 1st opened because I wasn't.

Oh and I do not work there.

...I wonder why I just lurk then you have such helpful posts on here...

Edited by haddock26

£6 for a hot dog...seriously :wow:

You'd pay £4.50 for one at one those stalls they have on Fargate, or on match days, so £6.00 is pretty good value and it comes with fries and slaw. Plus go Tuesday to Friday between 2pm and 6pm and if you buy two you get one half price.

I like the website and can't wait to try it, sounds good.

Edited by verona

You'd pay £4.50 for one at one those stalls they have on Fargate, or on match days, so £6.00 is pretty good value and it comes with fries and slaw. Plus go Tuesday to Friday between 2pm and 6pm and if you buy two you get one half price.

Looks good to me as well and will try to go soon.

I would also like to confirm in advance that I have no affiliation with this business.

'fries and slaw'.....please stop it!