Origin Broadband

Same here, had an issue with my router, the next day I had a new one, speed is constant.

However, as DR winds up soon and there are no other fibre providers in my area not sure what to do?

BT may enable a cab soon, but the main issue I have with BT is no fixed IP, I have many devices in my household that require me to use a fixed IP, I could use a DynDNS type service but prefer to keep my static IP. If a BT cab does get enabled are there any other prviders on it that will offer fixed IP's?

I think Plusnet have a static IP option.......

I think Plusnet have a static IP option.......

As do we! Irrespective of what happens to Digital Region, we will still be here to offer service :)

As do we! Irrespective of what happens to Digital Region, we will still be here to offer service :)

How much do you charge for it?

Their VDSL (fibre) prices are on their website and all include one static IP as standard within the prices of the packages. I've heard that they're also able to accomodate VDSL now via BTs on street cabinets for the areas that aren't DR enabled, and that they're also able to accomodate ADSL now too, but they don't advertise that on their website (They're still primarily a fibre broadband based operator after all, they probably don't want to 'confuse' the brand) best to verify with a phonecall to Origin probably. Or Pete will be along in a bit to clarify :)

Their VDSL (fibre) prices are on their website and all include one static IP as standard within the prices of the packages. I've heard that they're also able to accomodate VDSL now via BTs on street cabinets for the areas that aren't DR enabled, and that they're also able to accomodate ADSL now too, but they don't advertise that on their website (They're still primarily a fibre broadband based operator after all, they probably don't want to 'confuse' the brand) best to verify with a phonecall to Origin probably. Or Pete will be along in a bit to clarify :)

Hello! :-)

I'm hoping to be able to make an announcement soon. Please bear with us a little longer and I'll get back to you on this.

Pete

Just waiting for my contract to come to an end and then I'M OUT! - Origin was good at the beginning but it's complete mess right now. Customer service is VERY POOR! I couldn't speak to a person for 2 weeks in a row, you would wait on the line for more than 10-15 minutes and then be cut off or someone would pick up the phone, then cut you off in the middle of a conversation. I asked for my contract to be terminated as I've been having issues with my connection for the last couple of months, they were very prompt to respond to that saying I have to pay for the whole contract if I want to leave, which is a nonsense!!!

Now I'm asking everyone I know to stay from these people and get another broadband provider which will have professional people on board for their customer service.

I looked into this, and it seems our tech and support teams tried to call you several times and you've repeatedly refused to speak to anybody on the phone. We're extremely dedicated to helping our customers but it must be a two way street.

If you wish to discuss this further, you can feel free to call the office about the occasional disconnections you've experienced (line quality is a main factor in this) - but we have tried very, very hard to help you. I'm sorry if that isn't enough.

Also, I just called tech support from an anonymous external number and managed to reach an advisor in less than 45 seconds. We really are trying to give the best service possible and I'm sure if you work with us a little more you'll see that.

Edited by Origin_Pete

I had to repeatedly email to get a correspondence on my query to start with and I paid BT Engineer to come out and check the lines, which I paid £90.00 out of my pocket, confirmed that line works perfectly fine. So don't give me that story...

Any how, not long left to end the contract.. I will assume that it's for charity as you guys don't deserve those payments at all. Especially, with that rude attitude towards your customers over the phone.

We don't tolerate ANY member of staff being rude to a customer. I invited you on the 5th (in this same thread) to contact me and let me know what your specific complaint was and I didn't receive any communication from you.

Also, we have never charged you for a BT engineer visit - and BT Openreach would not look at an Origin line unless we ordered them to; they certainly wouldn't bill our customer directly. Please let me know the name of the BT engineer you paid and I'll get to the bottom of this for you as something really seems off there.

Edited by Origin_Pete

Pete,

Could you please provide a copy of the update about Origin and DR as was posted yesterday on the DR region forum website?

drlforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1083

Many thanks

Pete,

Could you please provide a copy of the update about Origin and DR as was posted yesterday on the DR region forum website?

drlforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1083

Many thanks

Hear hear. That's the info that we Origin customers have been kept in the dark about for far too long. To my mind, a disappointingly wishy-washy statement from Oliver that disguises the pain some Origin customers are going to suffer.

Hear hear. That's the info that we Origin customers have been kept in the dark about for far too long. To my mind, a disappointingly wishy-washy statement from Oliver that disguises the pain some Origin customers are going to suffer.

Another Hear Hear, Origin, you have my email, why have you not sent me a copy ?

Could you provide the information within the PDF as I am unable to register on the forum (the "Human Verification" bit doesn't work!) as a post here?

Many thanks.

The Origin Statement in full, as posted on http://drlforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1083

"Dear Origin customer,

My name is Oliver Bryssau. I serve as Managing Director of Origin Broadband Ltd.

We have grown to be the largest ISP (in terms of customer numbers) on the Digital Region network and also a fast growing regional provider for the corporate and public sectors. I’m writing to you because in August 2013, the closure of the Digital Region project was announced.

As you may be aware, we have been working tirelessly since this announcement to ensure that Origin’s customers are not disadvantaged as a result. Due to the scale of the planning required, we have not been able to inform our customers every step of the way as we would have liked to.

I appreciate how patient everyone has been and I’m now able to give you some of the information you’ve been waiting for.

Firstly, I’m pleased to say that Origin is stronger than ever! We’re recruiting at a healthy rate and are very excited to move to our new offices next month to allow us to optimise our operation and keep adding to staff and customer numbers.

I can also confirm that the build of our new network is going ahead, and will allow the majority of Origin’s customers to receive fibre optic broadband. I want to reassure the minority of customers that are not currently able to receive fibre broadband that we will provide an Annex-M product at the best market price when compared with our competitors – and the option to upgrade to a fibre product as soon as it becomes available.

The official Digital Region closure date is the 14th of August 2014 – by which time we will have migrated all of our customers to our new network. Every customer will receive a personal e-mail and letter in the post which will provide more detail on how their migration will be carried out.

We understand that some customers may want more information than we can give right now; but we will to be able to respond to additional questions in the coming weeks.

Again, we are very grateful for all the kind support given to us by our customers and we look forward to rolling out our new service and taking our organisation to the next level in the months ahead.

Having formed this company back in 2011 while I was still at university, I’ve certainly had to learn a lot to be able to keep the business moving forward in spite of these challenges. I’d like to thank our customers who have helped and supported us along the way – and I promise that in return, we will do everything we can to provide the best possible connection, and best local service for years to come.

Thanks Again, Oliver"

Wooo Hoo. Back to super slow 3Mb/s ADSL for me....

K.