Origin Broadband

Bit confusing having a termination date that doesn't actually terminate until 3 months later.

Also MAC migration between ASK4 and BTbroadband isn't possible, contrary to the article. See:

1. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4300204-south-yorkshire-digital-region-problems-moving-to-bt-infinit.html?page=1

2. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6283-digital-region-customers-and-moving-broadband-service.html

Plus it seems to confirm ( assuming accuracy) that ASK4 have no desire to maintain their FTTC customers.

Bit confusing having a termination date that doesn't actually terminate until 3 months later.

Erm yeah, that is pure BS. How can DRL terminate but still provide service? It can't.

What I THINK it means is that the contract with the ISPs terminates in May, so any time after that the ISP can withdraw from the network without a termination fee.

Its just typical Chess really, telling us the wrong information in the wrong manner. All they needed to say was all customers will be migrated off the network by 14th August.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Given that digital region has, it has to be said, been a failure, I'm scratching my head about this broadband consultation that's just been launched:

http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/syprojects/sybroadband/

Presumably someone has nothing better to do? Or will we see one company dismantling Digital Region while we see another installing fibre where BT has failed to do so?

I'll be responding to this, it gives a vague hope that some of us won't be stuck in the broadband backwater that the closure of DR will cause.

I wonder how much the economy of Sheffield is being effected in the city centre and Atttercliffe by the (now) lack of high speed internet?

K.

Presumably someone has nothing better to do? Or will we see one company dismantling Digital Region while we see another installing fibre where BT has failed to do so?

I'll be responding to this, it gives a vague hope that some of us won't be stuck in the broadband backwater that the closure of DR will cause.

I wonder how much the economy of Sheffield is being effected in the city centre and Atttercliffe by the (now) lack of high speed internet?

K.

Yes, I'll be replying too.

Currently my best hope of decent speed broadband once Digital Region is gone seems to be a 4G wifi hotspot - a ridiculous situation for somebody only 10 minutes walk from the city centre.

Given that digital region has, it has to be said, been a failure, I'm scratching my head about this broadband consultation that's just been launched:

http://www.sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/syprojects/sybroadband/

I'm guessing it's attached to the BDUK funding - so the SY councils are stil looking to allocate funding where they can - hence the consultation.

Funny how it doesn't reference DR in any way.

Leased line? Expensive, but available.

Also, given that DR failed due to lack of users, you could argue that there weren't many people taking advantage of those fibre speeds on those exchanges in the ifrst place.

I'm guessing it's attached to the BDUK funding - so the SY councils are stil looking to allocate funding where they can - hence the consultation.

Funny how it doesn't reference DR in any way.

Leased line? Expensive, but available.

Also, given that DR failed due to lack of users, you could argue that there weren't many people taking advantage of those fibre speeds on those exchanges in the ifrst place.

IMHO... the resin digital region never succeeded was that it was never advertised and marketed. I found it by accident and most of the people I mentioned it to did not know of its existence

IMHO... the resin(sic) digital region never succeeded was that it was never advertised and marketed. I found it by accident and most of the people I mentioned it to did not know of its existence

Totally agree with this. It was only known about by word of mouth and maybe some people didn't pass it on so that their local contention rates stayed low ;)