Origin Broadband

Still delighted with our service from Origin!

Keep up the good work chaps :D

We will never move, unless we have to.

Same here!!!

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 16:57 ----------

Too late, just did!

Openreach were given a bit of pounding on BBC's "Watchdog" the other day.

They are still part of the BT group though.

Open reach was created to take the problems and complaints from BT who just want to sell things .They have no interest in you once you've bought.I would say BT/Openreach and Orange are two of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Edited by Oh Carol

They were brilliant for us until around the middle of this year. Since then we've had nothing but problems, left hand won't talk to the right hand, right hand says they'll call you back but never does, or on the rare occasion they do and they tell you at 5pm, "We'll call you later", and they call you when you're in bed near 11pm, or tell you they'll call back in 30 minutes to an hour, then call back way after that when you've given up and decided to go to the pub.

waiting months for a new router then receiving a new cellpipe and being told it was actually the cellpipe that was the problem, then having the same problem, so calling again to be told it was the router and can't understand why we have a cellpipe, having to ring them at least once every couple of days, disconnections, lag, and a lot of the times we've been unable to contact them due to issues with their phone system. They used to be fantastic, but we're rather bitter at the moment and will swap ASAP when our contract ends.

It appears that since the news about DR being closed their service has got worse for some folks.

I also have had poor speeds but they refused to swap out the router which I still believe is where the issue lies in my case.

Glad its not just me that they don't call back, if you know what I mean

It appears that since the news about DR being closed their service has got worse for some folks.

I also have had poor speeds but they refused to swap out the router which I still believe is where the issue lies in my case.

Glad its not just me that they don't call back, if you know what I mean

Hi,

If you're still experiencing issues with your connection please give our Technical Support team a call (01302 235060 option 2).

As Pete mentioned yesterday, failure to call a customer back is unacceptable. If you can please get in touch, we'll take a look into why this has happened.

Liam.

We're hoping to be able to place orders on the private network again soon.

Could you expand on this at all Pete? Slipping some news out in a very subtle manner, I hope.. :)

Are the BT fiber providers still putting moronic download caps on their services? When BT first launched the service, with the caps; you could theoretically hit that cap in less than an hour. Which rendered the service useless.

Are the BT fiber providers still putting moronic download caps on their services? When BT first launched the service, with the caps; you could theoretically hit that cap in less than an hour. Which rendered the service useless.

They removed all the caps last year, so the package is totally unlimited with no caps or throttling.

Still delighted with our service from Origin!

Keep up the good work chaps :D

We will never move, unless we have to.

Same here!!!

My original contract of 18 months is up next month and TBH I have no doubts about carrying on with them

MoZaLan you are not the only one

I am currently getting a third of the speed I normally get. Their support line are being quite obstructive and dismissive of the issue. I understand some people have a good experience with them but that isn't that case for me.

I wish that the BT Cabinet at the top of the street was enabled

MoZaLan you are not the only one

I am currently getting a third of the speed I normally get. Their support line are being quite obstructive and dismissive of the issue. I understand some people have a good experience with them but that isn't that case for me.

I wish that the BT Cabinet at the top of the street was enabled

Hi,

Good customer service is the most important thing to us. I'm sorry if you feel someone has let you down or failed to try and resolve an issue properly.

If you could e-mail [email protected] and mention my name, I'll request a team leader looks into this for you.

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 08:54 ----------

Everything about Origin became an awful experience! I've been having broadband issues for the last 4 months now and they are no bothered answering calls or even emails. They did to first few then no response whatsoever... I'm moving away from Origin ASAP, because of the customer service, mainly!

Again Mozalan,

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the tech team's response.

Please e-mail and I'll look into this personally for you.

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 09:06 ----------

My original contract of 18 months is up next month and TBH I have no doubts about carrying on with them

Also, just read this. What a gent you were Paul. God bless :)

Nothing but praise for Origin..........and no i don't work for them I am a customer!

Nothing but praise for Origin..........and no i don't work for them I am a customer!

Thank you Carol! Much appreciated! :)

Same here, had an issue with my router, the next day I had a new one, speed is constant.

However, as DR winds up soon and there are no other fibre providers in my area not sure what to do?

BT may enable a cab soon, but the main issue I have with BT is no fixed IP, I have many devices in my household that require me to use a fixed IP, I could use a DynDNS type service but prefer to keep my static IP. If a BT cab does get enabled are there any other prviders on it that will offer fixed IP's?