Keep Blockbuster Hillsborough open!

Do you want to keep Blockbuster at Hillsborough open?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep Blockbuster at Hillsborough open?

• Yes - I enjoy the service given
    • No - It doesn't affect me
    • Don't know - I don't know enough about this

with the size of it, and the upstairs as well, could well see a chain like Costa Coffee taking it on.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm not sure that a Costa would do well in Hillsborough. The last time I went the shops were cheap and cheerful so I would imagine it will be a poundshop, or split into smaller shops. It's a shame, really as Hillsborough used to be quite nice with a mix of high street stores and butchers, bakers etc. Shame really. Best wishes to those who have lost their jobs.

with the size of it, and the upstairs as well, could well see a chain like Costa Coffee taking it on.

Aint they supposed to be taking over the place next to Mad Harry's?

I'm not sure that a Costa would do well in Hillsborough. The last time I went the shops were cheap and cheerful so I would imagine it will be a poundshop, or split into smaller shops. It's a shame, really as Hillsborough used to be quite nice with a mix of high street stores and butchers, bakers etc. Shame really. Best wishes to those who have lost their jobs.

Pearsons and Funks are 2 independent quality butchers within a short walk of each other.

Not to mention about 3 nice little bakeries around the same area.

---------- Post added 04-01-2014 at 20:24 ----------

I reckon a tesco or sainsburys local...

actually, that isn't a bad shout sheffandy, with how well that little Tesco up the hill is doing, I can imagine they want to expand and maybe try to fill the gap left by Coop.

actually, that isn't a bad shout sheffandy, with how well that little Tesco up the hill is doing, I can imagine they want to expand and maybe try to fill the gap left by Coop.

Don't you think it's a bit small for either of those though?

Aint they supposed to be taking over the place next to Mad Harry's?

Yes the entire corner next to mad Harry's is going to be a costa coffee.

---------- Post added 28-04-2014 at 20:59 ----------

Does anyone know who's put in an application for the old blockbuster?i notice it had a for let sign but not says under offer or words to that effect?

It's been confirmed as the British Heart Foundation taking over the old Blockbusters store on Middlewood Road at Hillsborough, the planning apps are in.

How many charity shops does this area now have ?

You would have thought a Tesco/Sainsbury's Local or M&S Simply Food would have done well around this area, plenty of buses and trams stop by and the area is normally pretty busy with people passing through or doing other shopping or even have a wander about during lunch break from the many factories around.

Another ****ing charity shop?! A local sainsbury's or tescos would have been good and handy.

It's been confirmed as the British Heart Foundation taking over the old Blockbusters store on Middlewood Road at Hillsborough, the planning apps are in.

How many charity shops does this area now have ?

You would have thought a Tesco/Sainsbury's Local or M&S Simply Food would have done well around this area, plenty of buses and trams stop by and the area is normally pretty busy with people passing through or doing other shopping or even have a wander about during lunch break from the many factories around.

Oh what!!!...not another charity shop!! Was hoping for something more exciting! Like hillsborough needs another one! Grrrrr!

How disappointing! I have no issue with charity shops in hillsborough, use them, and donate to them, but surely it's now at saturation point. In my dreams I thought that place would be deli, family returaunt or at worst a convenience shop.

Guess the lack of parking means the supermarket won't touch hillsborough, which is daft, given the huge commuter population.

Sainsburys is building a new store next to fletchers where the gate used to be.