Is my pitched roof a permitted development??

Advice please?

I live in oughtibridge, we have a large brick built outhouse attached to our house, previously it had a concrete flat roof. We have improved this by building a pitched roof (on top of existing flat roof) with rosemary tiles to match house. Should we have applied for permission or building regs etc? We now want to sell the house, will this cause us an issue? How do we resolve?

Many thanks

First

Is the house:

a. Listed;

b. in a Conservation Area;

c. in the Peak Park area;

d. in any other special area (e.g. SSSI, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, etc.); or

e. none of the above?

Second

Have a look at HMG's official Planning Portal website http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/wps/portal/portalhome/unauthenticatedhome/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjtxBnJydDRwMLbzdLA09nSw_zsKBAIwN3U_1wkA6zeHMXS4gKd29TRwNPI0s3b2e_AGMDAwOIvAEO4Gig7-eRn5uqX5CdneboqKgIAGUwqho!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Typo corrected

For information,

none of the above criteria match.

Property is

bog standard semi-detached ex council house.

With reference to permitted development, give the Planning Authority a ring (0114 203 9181). I'm sure they will be able to confirm if you require(d) permission.

With reference to Building Regs, the addition of a pitched roof over a flat roof is controllable work as it is a structural alteration to the building (unless the building is exempt Building regulations - i.e. a detached garage or a porch). It would require permission and will be pulled up in a survey if you come to sell.

Hope that helps you

There is a time limit on building and planning if it has been done 5 years or more [ which i sure it has Just keep stum .Loads of houses get sold every day with extentions with no planning. New laws on planning you can go 3 meters out without it. But if you are a carefull christion give town hall a ring

Edited by spider1

Not five years.

The time limits are usually four years or ten years.

I think its 4 years planning and building regulations indefinate.