Who remembers Cairo Jax?

Hey Saffron.......Do you have any pics with any of the DJ's on them? I was working there between 1984-88 as a DJ in the party/charty room. Would love to see them if you can upload to this site.

Sorry I don't have any of the DJs but I may have some of us! It's been a long time since I posted this I am afraid!

i used to work there ( the bald headed magician lol ) paul kinsey as manager, paul baron, john childs, barry gee, and lady jay were djs . what happened to them all

Yeah. It changed it's name round about 1985 i guess. Worked there in 1984 when it was Romeo's and went back to work there in 1986 when it was Cairo's.

i was the magician in cairos what happened to paul barron & the rest of djs including john childs, barry gee

Where the job centre is on Bank st

What an epitaph for New Labour replace Cairo's (a place of fun and moral laxity) with a job centre (a place of hatched faced lesbians looking down on thier customers).

:mad:

could remember walwing in but could never remember walking out

OMG! I do, loved the place, went there nearly every weekend for a couple of years. Even went a few times a week sometimes, we were given a VIP Pass we were there that much 'all them years ago!'

I was just a fraction to young to get in. Was Silks the pre bar though or did it just replace CJ? I went to silks a few times.

Who else here has memories of this former night club?

I went there from 1993 to around 1995 on and off. I would go on either a Friday or saturday night. When not there I would tend to go to Roxy's.

i use to work there

What a flash back in time... Omg 25 years ago...

In 87/88 I used to work there on Saturdays at the cocktail bar together with Sam and another girl whose name I can't in the smaller room where they played acid house.

Once at a staff drink Colin hypnotized me (German national) and made me running around the club shouting in finest Sheffieldish " the Russians are coming" :)

Colin, I still have one of your cards, saying at the end "... just smile" .

I also still have a Cairo Jaxx Shirt, which we had to wear at work. During Xmas time we had to wear these sexy father Christmas costumes.

I used to share a house with a few people. One of them was Karen who was manageress at Cairo's at that time. Another dear friend of mine, who also lived in that house worked at the cloakroom.

I just loved it at Cairo's

I had such a fantastic time in Sheffield!

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 09:03 ----------

i was the magician in cairos what happened to paul barron & the rest of djs including john childs, barry gee

What a flash back in time... Omg 25 years ago...

In 87/88 I used to work there on Saturdays at the cocktail bar together with Sam and another girl whose name I can't in the smaller room where they played acid house.

Once at a staff drink Colin hypnotized me (German national) and made me running around the club shouting in finest Sheffieldish " the Russians are coming" :)

Colin, I still have one of your cards, saying at the end "... just smile" .

I also still have a Cairo Jaxx Shirt, which we had to wear at work. During Xmas time we had to wear these sexy father Christmas costumes.

I used to share a house with a few people. One of them was Karen who was manageress at Cairo's at that time. Another dear friend of mine, who also lived in that house worked at the cloakroom.

I just loved it at Cairo's

I had such a fantastic time in Sheffield!

My husband worked there in the 80s wonder if knighty worked with him? My husband was on the doors, and when linda lusadi came he looked after her. He also swore that cairos was haunted

It was our favourite student haunt on Wednesdays, from 1989. They used to have a "dress up" policy, which they had to back down on in the end, as any student worth their salt was sporting 20" flares and hooded tops back then. We were twisting our melons, man!

i use to work there

So did I !

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 22:30 ----------

My husband worked there in the 80s wonder if knighty worked with him? My husband was on the doors, and when linda lusadi came he looked after her. He also swore that cairos was haunted

I always thought that too...