Who remembers Cairo Jax?

did you know Lee by any chance? I think he worked there around that time.

He DJ'd at Club W** while i was on the bar there.

ash

i knew lee but can u remember me, bev the head doorman , or mother to most staff and customers lol

I first went there on my 15th birthday in 82 when it was Romeos and Juliets!!

What was the pub called at the side...Silks??

We always had drinks in here before going next door for the night!

Loved student night....50p a pint (eee, them were the days, 50p a pint lol!!)

Last time I went....prob some xmas eve many moons later in the early 90's

Does anyone know when it closed?

I was never really fussed about 'Barry Nobles Roxy' and the light show half way through the night.

Josephines always seemed full of older people.

Isabellas probably came a close second after Romeo's/Cairo's

Happy memories-mmm loved the 'snug bit' in Romeo's, had many a snog in there lol!

mumsy

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 01:01 ----------

Loved what was Max's Downtown Bar too (Carver St)- was the DJ Stevie Splash or something like that?

I fell top to bottom down the stairs there many a time after a drink or two!

mumsy

Edited by mumsy

First went in when it was Baileys Nightclub with a stag night in the mid 70,s and only really went in Romeo's and then Cairo's on lads nights out or stag nights. Wasnt really my type of music and atmosphere.

Still alot better than Josies though!!!

What a flash back in time... Omg 25 years ago...

In 87/88 I used to work there on Saturdays at the cocktail bar together with Sam and another girl whose name I can't in the smaller room where they played acid house.

Once at a staff drink Colin hypnotized me (German national) and made me running around the club shouting in finest Sheffieldish " the Russians are coming" :)

Colin, I still have one of your cards, saying at the end "... just smile" .

I also still have a Cairo Jaxx Shirt, which we had to wear at work. During Xmas time we had to wear these sexy father Christmas costumes.

I used to share a house with a few people. One of them was Karen who was manageress at Cairo's at that time. Another dear friend of mine, who also lived in that house worked at the cloakroom.

I just loved it at Cairo's

I had such a fantastic time in Sheffield!

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 09:03 ----------

glad you still got the card they were great days at cairos

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

Who had a nightclub in the mid-80's in the town centre and his catchphrase was "Is that alright fer yers?" (Geordie accent?)

Who had a nightclub in the mid-80's in the town centre and his catchphrase was "Is that alright fer yers?" (Geordie accent?)

Barry Noble, he bought the Roxy

On 12/04/2006 at 06:28, Knighty said:

Yeah. It changed it's name round about 1985 i guess. Worked there in 1984 when it was Romeo's and went back to work there in 1986 when it was Cairo's.

Did the Bailey Organisation (owners of the Cavendish club-later Bailey's- of the same site) own it then, or had they given up on Sheffield? As I think they were from Newcastle.

On 23/01/2014 at 23:59, Bramall_Lane said:

Am Barry noble welcome to.my roxy ...grab a granny Thursday night great memories never failed !