CB - Is there still anyone using it

Having freaked out and purchased a CB rig (re-living my youth, again), I was disappointed with not hearing hardly anyone on there. Has everyone migrated to chatrooms on the internet, or are there a few die-hards still out there.

If there are, bar for Maplins, is there anywhere else in Sheffield where you can still get CB stuff, as I'm planning on getting a homebase antenna and a TVI filter, but I'd rather see it "in the flesh", rather than purchasing over the internet.

Look, if you buy me a CB set up I'll talk to you. Can't say fairer that.

What will be your handle, mine's going to be cheshire cat.

---------- Post added 30-10-2013 at 21:02 ----------

Maybe we can buy big trucks and start a convoy?

My handle is the same as it was all those years ago. Mike Echo Bravo Oscar = MEBO

If you are wondering why, check out the website below.

Me and a lot of other trucker mates still have our CB,s and still use them every day. There are a lot of users around the Leeds area, but I agree Sheffield is a bit quiet these days!

My handle is the same as it was all those years ago. Mike Echo Bravo Oscar = MEBO

If you are wondering why, check out the website below.

Well from what I can see Dave, were already talking on here, so we might as well get into the spirit of things on here first.

In my mind, I'm picturing you as a Boss Hogg type, am I close?

Anyway her goes,

breaker breaker this is cheshire cat, what's your handle there good buddy? I got a bear in the sky and a smokey in a plain brown wrapper on my tail.

---------- Post added 30-10-2013 at 21:18 ----------

And this is actually awesome because nowhere in the forum terms and conditions does it say CB radio speak is prohibited.

Lol the memories :) I might get one now so you can talk to me. Isn't Vanguard still about?

theres still loads on the rig and there will be more soon when am and ssb are legalised

Still got mine on side but never use it these days too quite idiots killed it off

Broadsword calling Danny Boy, do you read me?

There's no SSB on the new rig I've got, but one of the settings does give AM on the CEPT (US) 40 channels. Interestingly, it can also get the 40 channels below the CEPT ones, but of course they are illegal to use in the UK, and you would not expect me to try those, would you !!!

Broadsword calling Danny Boy, do you read me?

Had to google that but brought back happy memories. But don't cbs sound the same as police radios, ie unintelligible? Listen the police radios on any given cop and its the same stuff regardless of the show, country or anything else. Always the same thing. Baddah baddah biddy biddy. What does it mean CB people?