Poor birds dying

Thankyou for taking time to read this E-mail as I'm sure you are very busy,what it is,my cat keeps bringing me dead birds and I'm unsure what to do about it,the last straw was when my cat brought me a bird of prey,I've never even seen one of these birds in real life before,my neighbour identified the bird as a red kite and he was bloody livid!I live on the tops by Halifax but I never seen one,as you can imagine I'm upset about it,the reason I need info is because my neighbour says I could get in trouble for this,is this true?my cat brings 3 or 4 birds a week but are usually common ones that nobody is bothered about,I'm very grateful for the gifts she brings as I have read about this online and cats bring things as presents to there human owners they are caring animals,however I need to know how I can stop her killing so many birds,have you got any advice on this matter as my neighbour is ready to report my cat.thankyou. Maurice5110@icloud.com

Not alot you can do only buy a collar with a bell but collars can cause nasty injuries should she get it snagged :(

Don't think there's any laws against cats killing rare birds? You didn't order her to do it. Just Parr for the course in owning a cat, they are natural hunters xx

My cats have bells on there collar but managed to bring me a pidgeon. It wasnt fully grown and I kept the bird in the conservatory until it settled down. My cats dont seem to kill but play with things they catch. My husband later took the bird down to the play area just down the road and let the bird fly away.. Hope it got back to where it wanted to be.

This is why cat ownership should be phased out, unless they aren't allowed to roam.

Not alot you can do only buy a collar with a bell but collars can cause nasty injuries should she get it snagged :(

Don't think there's any laws against cats killing rare birds? You didn't order her to do it. Just Parr for the course in owning a cat, they are natural hunters xx

So are humans.OK to shoot your cat and eat it ?

We used to have lots of problems with our cat bringing birds home. We tried a collar with a bell, no joy. Four bells (sounded like Rudolph), not a jot of difference. So we started playing merry hell with her whenever she brought back a bird and wouldn't let her out again for the rest of the day, but would let her keep mice and voles. Now she only very rarely (would say less than once every two months) comes back with a bird, and this can be captured, checked over and released (and again we keep her in for the rest of the day - she's still learning); and our next door neighbour is happy that the vermin in his barns is kept under control. Keep your cat in dawn and dusk and after dark, and after periods of bad weather because birds will not have had much of a chance to feed so will be hungry and less wary of predators. We keep ours inside when it's fledgling time too. If it's any consolation, I doubt a cat would have brought down a Red Kite single handedly (unless yours is an Ocelot?) it was possibly already injured, old, or sick.

Edited by suebeedoo

. Now she only very rarely (would say less than once every two months) comes back with a bird, and this can be captured, checked over and released (

The bird will almost certainly die a slow painful death from an unseen puncture wound if it's been had by a cat. Horrible as it is it would be kinder to kill it humanely ( easier said than done I know, and I'm not saying I could do it)

Thankyou for taking time to read this E-mail as I'm sure you are very busy,what it is,my cat keeps bringing me dead birds and I'm unsure what to do about it,the last straw was when my cat brought me a bird of prey,I've never even seen one of these birds in real life before,my neighbour identified the bird as a red kite and he was bloody livid!I live on the tops by Halifax but I never seen one,as you can imagine I'm upset about it,the reason I need info is because my neighbour says I could get in trouble for this,is this true?my cat brings 3 or 4 birds a week but are usually common ones that nobody is bothered about,I'm very grateful for the gifts she brings as I have read about this online and cats bring things as presents to there human owners they are caring animals,however I need to know how I can stop her killing so many birds,have you got any advice on this matter as my neighbour is ready to report my cat.thankyou. Maurice5110@icloud.com

report the cat lol what a world we live in seriously :loopy::loopy: