Which is the best care company in Sheffield

Whilst i totally agree that a half hour call should be half hour with the client, but is there any travelling time from client to client taken into account.

Whilst i totally agree that a half hour call should be half hour with the client, but is there any travelling time from client to client taken into account.

no, not usually.

no, not usually.

No, never! But that doesn't stop ME from spending the allotted time with the service user/client.

Edited by chocki

i am looking for work as a homecarer and most of the companies i have applied for have very bad reviews, does anyone know of a good care company where i can apply for a job

I can recommend carewatch to look after a relative and to work for as a care worker,

I can recommend carewatch to look after a relative and to work for as a care worker,

I'll second Carewatch. (Mmmm wonder who graham101@ta is :suspect:)

thanks for the replies, i have just applied to Carewatch, keeping fingers crossed

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 10:26 ----------

thank you for your replies, i have just filled in an online application for Carewatch, i will keep myfingers crossed

Mod Note:

May I remind users, that the forum does not allow Naming and Shaming.

We will remove all posts that do this

Thank you.

Isn't the problem that most homes are for-profit businesses? Maybe business (i.e. making a profit) isn't at all compatible with care?

Anyone organisation employing care workers else has to make a profit otherwise they'd have no funds to run it. It may sound cold but the money has to come from somewhere.

hey pt ask your carer the next time they come if they are on the £12.50 an hour this company charges

What you are not taking into the consideration is that employing staff costs money. If a person is employed at £8 p/hr then it probably costs the firm £3 or £4 on top of that (I'm sure someone will correct my figures). So 115 per night does not seem extortionate. Not sure what the SLEEP night has to do with it.

I'm sure the 30 minutes/visit is only a target figure.

Some may take only 10-20 minutes. Some may take considerably longer.

Edited by Gleadly

The OP states that during the 15 min only visit they 'never have time to do anything' which suggests they are expected to do too much during their short visit. Is this because of the council wanting to cut costs? Who carries out the review? the council or the care company.

It seems a crazy system, especially when over the border care for the elderly is 'free'

Not for much longer if Scotland becomes independent.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:18 ----------

You've clearly not had an elderly relative at the mercy of a geriatric Nhs ward then - or indeed read any newspaper highlighting the countless cases of neglect of the elderly in hospitals.

There are good carers and bad carers, and no doubt good and bad care companies, but suggesting the Nhs is an ultimate gold standard of elderly care is so far away from reality it's not true.

I don't know what wards you have had experienced but my Grandma has been on most of the elderly care wards at the NGH and has received the very best of care from them all.

Thank goodness for the NHS !:clap:

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:23 ----------

The company a close relative works for does not include traveling time.

She has in the past been expected to get from Woodseats to Hillsborough with no planned travel time. She drives a car and does not have access to a helicopter.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:24 ----------

Anyone organisation employing care workers else has to make a profit otherwise they'd have no funds to run it. It may sound cold but the money has to come from somewhere.

What you are not taking into the consideration is that employing staff costs money. If a person is employed at £8 p/hr then it probably costs the firm £3 or £4 on top of that (I'm sure someone will correct my figures). So 115 per night does not seem extortionate. Not sure what the SLEEP night has to do with it.

I'm sure the 30 minutes/visit is only a target figure.

Some may take only 10-20 minutes. Some may take considerably longer.

I would like to know which care company pays this rate !

Edited by Hammerstein

I would recommend carewatch too, glad you have applied to them