Anti-depressants / anti-anxiety medication

Someone in family struggling.

So in short do these medications work, of cause more problem than solve?

I think you should offer your family member your full support. If they want to know about the efficacy of these types of medication they can talk to their GP. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I sense you are against this family member taking meds and are looking for ammunition? Just offer your spp't and unconditional love and help them on the road to recovery. You can get info on specific meds / types of meds from reputable websites. Once again, if I've misread your intentions please accept my apologies.

It depends on the person, sometimes the medicine alone works, sometimes therapy alone works, sometimes just bringing regular exercise into their routines works, and sometimes a combination of all of the above works. Also, not every medicine out there is right for everyone. Getting treatment right is tricky as not everyone reacts exactly the same way to it.

It also depends on the person and what they want to do.

I don't think they "solve" the problems but I think they can help you feel well enough to deal with your problems through other ways, ie counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy.

I agree-they buy the person time to address the underlying causes,but ultimately a change in lifestyle or mindset must ensue.

Someone in family struggling.

So in short do these medications work, of cause more problem than solve?

Careful, several idiots on here will be labling you a 'druggie'!

They work very well for me and after a bit of trial and error I have one with no side effects.

Is the person ready for any intervention?