Getting rid of computer

So I have a tower computer that we no longer use, along with a working Epson printer (refills are actually £2 /£3 each so cheap), CRT screen, keyboard and mouse.

All of it works and these days we just use the laptop, bit antisocial being up there. I want to get rid in an environmentally friendly way. The whole thing is around 9 years old.

I don't know how to locate and remove the hard drive as there is internet banking that I have done on there so want it to be destroyed, seems a shame as it all works though.

Anyone any ideas what I can/should do?

So I have a tower computer that we no longer use, along with a working Epson printer (refills are actually £2 /£3 each so cheap), CRT screen, keyboard and mouse.

All of it works and these days we just use the laptop, bit antisocial being up there. I want to get rid in an environmentally friendly way. The whole thing is around 9 years old.

I don't know how to locate and remove the hard drive as there is internet banking that I have done on there so want it to be destroyed, seems a shame as it all works though.

Anyone any ideas what I can/should do?

There are a couple of things I could help you with I could wipe your HD for you before you give it away or take the HD out for you to dispose off yourself

Either way I can do it for you taking out the HD is a 2 min job wiping it could take a couple of hours if not longer depending on the size

If you want it taking out I could pop up tomorrow evening after 7

Internet banking on the hard drive? I thought that happened on the Internet? Nine years old is no use to anyone. Take it to your local tip and they will advise you where to dump it all. If you are worried about banking, change your password and cut the power supply in the computer.

A 9 year old pc is good for nothing mate, it's not even upgradeable. Take Paul's offer and let him show you where the hard drive is, and how to destroy it, or destroy the data on it. You'll learn a lot in a short time. Rest of it can go for recycling.

If i'm closer i'll sort it for you.

Internet banking on the hard drive? I thought that happened on the Internet? Nine years old is no use to anyone. Take it to your local tip and they will advise you where to dump it all. If you are worried about banking, change your password and cut the power supply in the computer.

what's that solve? just pop another plug on, get a new "kettle" lead, or PSU

Paul, that's really kind of you, I don't want to put anyone out though. Plus my hubby is an owl supporter and you mightn't take kindly to that!

I would just take to the tip, just seems a shame that's it's all working and i thought maybe someone could use the printer/keyboard/mouse or am I wrong in this?

Open up the computer and remove the hard drive, its not hard. Then follow This video. Forget about the blow torch though