Man On London Road Buses

I'm so glad I'm not a woman, every other week it seems a woman tells me that someone has perved on her or felt like she's been followed.

It's disgusting, more women should be giving men like this a swift kick in the bollards, if they can.

Because violence against someone who's unstable, already acting weird and quite probably stronger than they are can only end well.

Edited by Cyclone

Because violence against someone who's unstable, already acting weird and quite probably stronger than the are can only end well.

Self defence init, if somebody was following me and touching me, I'd have a more than adequate defence in court.

Plus the mental thing is pure speculation, it started off by somebody saying he might be unstable, now all of a sudden he's disabled so we should lay off him.

No, no no no. I stand by it, if somebody is trying to sexually assault you, punch him in the face, the law is on your side.

Then after that when he's in court of sexually assaulting you, the judge can decide whether he did it because he's mentally unstable or not.

It being self defence doesn't help at all if they pull a knife or just severely beat the person. I wasn't worried about court when I said it always ends well, more about the ensuing beating and/or stabbing that occurs.

Who said anything about disabled and laying off. You're advocating that women alone on public transport start assaulting an unknown man. It's simply a bad idea. The law doesn't weigh in on your side when they're giving you a pasting you know!

I am five foot tall. All me punching or kicking would achieve is me getting battered. I would stand no chance against this man. He was much bigger than me, neither would most women.

The point I was trying to make.

Unfortunately unless there are numerous reports about a person acting inappropriately towards a woman the police tend to act slowly and sweep it under the carpet.

Me and my sister were traveling on the 52 bus towards Hillsborough when I noticed that a man had sat behind us. I saw from the corner of my eye that his hand was moving oddly around his private area, so I made my sister get up and move with me so we could see whether my suspicions were correct... They were. The dirty sod was w***ing, and he had singled us out to sit behind as the bus was relatively empty. I reported this to the police, they took a statement but they dawdled with requesting the CCTV and by the time they'd got round to it Stagecoach had wiped it. If the police hadn't taken their time they may have caught someone who will probably end up doing a lot worse to someone else.

Now I think about it I should've told the bus driver, but we were way too shook up to be able to think rationally, we just wanted to get off the bus as quick as we could.

Edited by LABurton

I was hoping to hear from the op so I could also report, but nothing yet.

Sadly I don't know the name of the officer. I'll try and find out for you. I suppose you could try ringing and mention that other similar incidents have already been reported and that you wish to talk to the same officer.

How weird had a hippy moment earlier today put on an old Roy Harper album called Looney On The Bus. What ever happened to weird old Roy ?

Going well off topic - but he's just got a new album out - marc riley has been playing it loads on R6 evening show

It being self defence doesn't help at all if they pull a knife or just severely beat the person. I wasn't worried about court when I said it always ends well, more about the ensuing beating and/or stabbing that occurs.

Who said anything about disabled and laying off. You're advocating that women alone on public transport start assaulting an unknown man. It's simply a bad idea. The law doesn't weigh in on your side when they're giving you a pasting you know!

I think post 12 has the right idea (being a bus driver)

I also agree with you Cyclone.

I mentioned on an older thread about a man stabbed to death on a bus in Glasgow a few months ago. My GF (forensic scientist) investigated it.

A lady on the bus remembered the guy (murderer) sitting behind her and she could hear him engaged in a conversation.She thought he was on a mobile phone,but he wasn't.He was actually talking to someone in his head. This obviously triggered something which led him to leave his seat,walk up to a passenger (sat with his partner) and stick a knife right through his jugular.And sadly a horrendous death.

I have seen this man you have described. he was travelling on a number 20 bus on Saturday at around 4pm. He walked to the front of the bus to get off then changed his mind and went back up and sat down near the back. I assume a similar incident occurred as another woman on the bus challenged him quite aggressively and the young girl being harassed moved seats to the front of the bus. The woman that had told him in no uncertain terms to leave the young girl alone did tell the bus driver about it as she got off as well. Hopefully that bus driver reported it in the way described above.