How much does it cost to rent a small shop?

we are looking start a business ?

how much is rent for a shop on side street?

how much is business rates?

My mate pirate Pete used to sell PlayStation games on bread trays at the bottom off the moor in the late 90's, I don't think he paid very much for that location.

good luck finding a shop we have been looking for the right one in the right place for ages, no chance. One was £100 per week, plus one trade references, one bank reference and an accountants reference, and that was small and on a side street.

Good luck.

Go for a stall in Sheffield's new market, £800 quid a week robbery without the violence.

Depends on which side street. One off the wicker or one off eccy road will have massively different rents and business rates.

How long is a piece of string ???? Depends where it is ,how big the shop is ,whether it has been empty for a long time . Have you seen something in a particular area ?

Rent is what the owner decides to charge, business rates go on the size of the property.

good luck finding a shop we have been looking for the right one in the right place for ages, no chance. One was £100 per week, plus one trade references, one bank reference and an accountants reference, and that was small and on a side street.

Good luck.

Really? I thought most retail areas had 25% of the units vacant?

Rents not the problem its the business rates you have to worry about,I gave up with shops years ago you spend most of the week working to pay for the shop,work from home if you can or sell your stuff online.

What you’re asking you should know or should have done enough research to find out. It's your business .

My mate pirate Pete used to sell PlayStation games on bread trays at the bottom off the moor in the late 90's, I don't think he paid very much for that location.

Sheffield was worth visiting back then :hihi:

http://www.smcommercial.co.uk/propertysearch.asp

search 'to let' retail on here it will give you a good idea of properties around.

some good prices and not very glamorous locations, do you really need a retail premises ?

There should be full relief if the rateable value is under £6000, this doesn't mean the rent but what the council set as what its worth.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-business-rate-relief/small-business-rate-relief