Services for Children in Sheffield

Hi,

I'm doing a school project and we're supposed to choose an area of child services in Sheffield that could use improvement and funding. It can be anything - health, access to GPs/dentists, access to SureStart, sports, etc...

Does anybody have any ideas? What services for children in Sheffield aren't there or aren't good enough? (Or what services work really well?)

Thanks for your help!!

Hi,

I'm doing a school project and we're supposed to choose an area of child services in Sheffield that could use improvement and funding.

Try Sheffield Childrens, Young People and Families Service or whatever they want to call themselves this week, they could do with a lot of improvement......then it would stop me having to take them to court to get them to pull their fingers out of their arses.

Shame really as I enjoy winning each time :hihi:

Dear al110,

Sound like a really interesting topic. I think that access to sports facilities are really good across the city due to Sheffield International Venues for children and adults alike. I like the protected green areas in the city too such as Endcliffe and Norfolk Park. Good luck with the project.

Mental health services for young people needs to be improved .

The What About Me (WAM) Project is an excellent service working with children and young people affected by a family member's alcohol/drug use. They do some amazing work. :-)

Thanks everybody for your thoughts so far :-)

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 21:09 ----------

Does anybody have any other ideas/complaints about children's services in Sheffield? Thanks!