Inconsiderate dog owners in Hillsborough park

It's illegal if you don't pick it up, that is the issue.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 21:44 ----------

it's illegal not to pick it up and dispose of it properly.

Then should phone the police when you see someone not clean up after their dog. They'd send a swat team.

Edited by Jmack

If accidentally ingested, the roundworm eggs hatch into larvae that penetrate through the walls of the digestive tract and in rare cases can migrate to the eyes and cause serious sight problems.

So its very rare it can happen. so its not common. Of course i'll still pick up my dog poo BUT i think 50 cases a year isn't a common occurrence at all.

snakes are by far the biggest direct killer of humans at about 70,000 a year, while malaria transferred to people by mosquitoes kills about 1 million people per year.

Ban snakes and Mossies :D

Whilst I pick up my poo in public isn't this causing blindness just pure scare mongering ? Surely if this disease was prevalent then it would be a Day of the Triffids scenario as the amount of dog crap I see around would mean total blindness for our kids.

The son of a neighbour suffered this same problem caught from dog excrement.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 23:48 ----------

To the man and woman walking their dogs yesterday afternoon around 4pm. Man wore red and grey waterproof and woman a black fleece, apparently they were too busy with their walk to see the poo their large dog left behind. You walked through the gate at Leppings Lane stop and continued up the Wadsley Lane. Please, let other dog owners enjoy their walk and remember that the park is a public space for the rest of community to enjoy.

I will continue to shame all of those who DO NOT PICK UP after their pets. Next time it will be in person and I will let the park wardens know- pictures also are available just to know our heroes.

They're just as bad as the plonker who walks his dog every day in Hillsborough Park and allows it to chase the ducks and geese.

Both of these instances constitute an offence and open to prosecution.

I can't stand it when I see dogs cr*pping and the owner just walks off without picking it up- just disgusting!

What is the issue, all animals poo in public.

Cats, Foxes, Horses, Lions, Wolfs, Elephants, Tigers, Polar Bears

I can't ever see any of these animals sat on a lavatory when they need to have a poo. I can see it now on a David Attenborough programme......"the male lion is stalking the zebra, he gets closer and....er...whats the lion doing? it seems hes nipping off to the toilet, well I guess some things can't wait"

As a dog is similar to that of a lion, its ability to use the toilet is somewhat limited.

The point is dog poo is smelly and unpleasant, and if people don't pick up after their dogs, then eventually dogs will be banned from more and more places, and I don't want to see that happen.

It's a no brainer and shouldn't be open to discussion - take some plastic bags with you and pick it up!

As for lions, elephants, tigers etc. you don't see many of them pooing in the High Street do you?

what about all the human waste left on our fields ?? nothing gets done about this , yes it happens all the time .

I really don't think this is a big deal. It's no worse than people spitting or littering in public it's just one of those annoying things in life.

It is nothing like spitting or littering

"" Dog poop often contains roundworm larvae, which cause blindness. If a human ingests a roundworm larva, it can migrate through the body causing disease to the brain, lungs, kidneys, liver, heart or eyes. So when people (especially children) touch soil, dog toys or anything that has been in contact with dog feces and then touch their mouths, they can become infected.

Dog poop doesn't just "wash away" or disappear. So if you're not disposing of your dog's waste, you're putting yourself, your family, your dog and your water supply at risk. ""

http://dogtalk101.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/facts-about-dangers-of-dog-poop.html

There are designated places in hillsborough park where dog walkers can take there dogs to crap,

They should only be in those sections and they should be cleaning up afterwards.

It is nothing like spitting or littering

"" Dog poop often contains roundworm larvae, which cause blindness. If a human ingests a roundworm larva, it can migrate through the body causing disease to the brain, lungs, kidneys, liver, heart or eyes. So when people (especially children) touch soil, dog toys or anything that has been in contact with dog feces and then touch their mouths, they can become infected.

Dog poop doesn't just "wash away" or disappear. So if you're not disposing of your dog's waste, you're putting yourself, your family, your dog and your water supply at risk. ""

http://dogtalk101.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/facts-about-dangers-of-dog-poop.html

There are designated places in hillsborough park where dog walkers can take there dogs to crap,

They should only be in those sections and they should be cleaning up afterwards.

Much too sensible for the "My dog can poo anywhere sod what you all think" brigade.

I dislike people not clearing up aftere their dogs as much as the next man. Just don't understand why so many people seem to be on the edge of hysteria because of it, when at the same time people are fly tipping in the countryside.

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 10:17 ----------

The son of a neighbour suffered this same problem caught from dog excrement.

---------- Post added 28-10-2013 at 23:48 ----------

They're just as bad as the plonker who walks his dog every day in Hillsborough Park and allows it to chase the ducks and geese.

Both of these instances constitute an offence and open to prosecution.

Then phone the police instead of just moaning about it. It obviously upsets you greatly.

Then phone the police instead of just moaning about it. It obviously upsets you greatly.

I'm just making sure that people are aware that it is illegal and the police and should be involved.

My daughter's football team used to train at Hillsborough Park. On the evening she went, they'd often be five or six teams training. This year they trained about two or three times before looking for another location. There were also fewer other teams there. Now this reduction could also be because of the car park charges but in the case of my daughter's team, it was the dog mess. It is a massive shame that there is a fantastic public place that is used less frequently because of inconsiderate dog owners.

It isn't just Hillsborough Park though. Where the actual league games take place we have to do a 'poo patrol' before kick-off.

I dislike people not clearing up aftere their dogs as much as the next man. Just don't understand why so many people seem to be on the edge of hysteria because of it, when at the same time people are fly tipping in the countryside.

Sorry tad confused you say you're a man, but on another thread say you're still at school in 6th form is it.