Street lights on gleadless

well its been nearly a week and after numerous amounts ov reports there's still no lights but what does make it worse is the new lights they put in and the mess they left behind cos its an accident waiting to happen but what I was wondering is who else could I complain to apart from the council because my daughter was lucky because she fell down the steps but only a few scrapes but if anyone saw the state ov my sreet were I live you would understand why I am fuming

:help::help::help::rant::rant:

On Gleadless what?

They were supposed to be resurfacing Middle Hay View between the 23rd and today which of course have come and gone.

No word from the council, obviously.

Someone on here said they were switching the lights on just before they start resurfacing. Course now, we don't know when that will be because they won't tell us.

If there are a lot of lights out of action then that has nothing to do with the council or Amey it is the electricity boards job. Once a section of lights not working has been reported the electricity board have I think 28 days in which to resolve the issue.

As far as amey leaving things in a dangerous state then you could try two things, firstly go through the switchboard and get the name of the Amey officer overseeing the work in that area, insist they do a site visit and get back to you within say five working days. There is also a council office that are supposed to be keeping tabs on the way Amey are working so giving that office a heads-up may be a good idea. There is a road near my house that had the signs up saying work would be done for two days starting on the 23rd, it didn't happen. I made some noise and discovered the work was for only the kerb edges and new signs would be going up as soon as the work was re-scheduled. The old signage is still up and if it isn't removed by Friday Amey will be hearing from me again this time rather more loudly.

the council should switch all street lights off from midnight would save a fortune. and maybe they will bring the council tax down

well its been nearly a week and after numerous amounts ov reports there's still no lights but what does make it worse is the new lights they put in and the mess they left behind cos its an accident waiting to happen but what I was wondering is who else could I complain to apart from the council because my daughter was lucky because she fell down the steps but only a few scrapes but if anyone saw the state ov my sreet were I live you would understand why I am fuming

:help::help::help::rant::rant:

sheffield city council never :) urine and wind springs to mind.

sheffield city council never :) urine and wind springs to mind.

You've got that right......they couldn't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel

the council should switch all street lights off from midnight would save a fortune. and maybe they will bring the council tax down

Sorry but have to disagree after years of been on call and working nights etc to work anytime without lights is nothing short of dangerous and to work in total darkness is ridiculous it's bad enough in certain areas with full street lighting so just think about emergency services and public services.Plus if you think it would bring council tax down think again.

According to: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/lighting/maintenance.html

We don’t supply the electricity so sometimes repairs involve the electricity supplier. In these cases we will report the problems to them.

So presumably the issue is exactly what the problem is, which will determine who will be fixing it.

when large sections of lights are out,its a supply fault issue mainly which get passed to northern powergrid and they resolve within 28 days.