A big thank you to all who helped when I fell

There are lots in reality, it's only when people like PT need them most that we hear about them; long may they continue to be around.:)

*presses the imaginary like button*

*presses the imaginary like button*

hits the " like" button for both!

Hope you are feeling well again soon PT, and no more aches and pains.

I can only echo what others have said about the kindness of strangers. I too was on the receiving end recently, in Tesco, when I needed help. The kindly shopper, the first aid people, and the ambulance men were all wonderful.

Sadly, eight hours on a trolley in the A&E corridor, rather spoiled things, but there you go.

I hope there's no lasting damage PT. Its heartening to hear of the kindness of others, especially when we hear so much of the other. Look after yourself.

It's a real conundrum as a passer by in those sort of situations. Part of you wants to help yet another part doesn't want to intrude (too many cooks spoil the broth). As long as there are 3-4 people with the person who has fallen, and at least one seems to be talking into a mobile phone my response is to walk on and not crowd the person.

When you are first on the scene though it's always nice to have people offer to help, or at least show concern because it can be a bit panicy for the first one there.

Well at least check before walking on. They could be just filming it for YouTube and not really doing much to help - I always am immensely grateful for people who do not walk on by whatever their reason - because my Mum who lives down South, is registered blind and a similar thing happened recently. She was helped by some kind hearted people - and the majority of us are - but some prey on vulnerable people. Strength in numbers I say.

Glad youre ok PT, bless the good folk of Sheffield, bloody pot holes eh? xxx

Just wanting to say thank you:-

Thank you to the lady at the beauty salon in the wicker who called an ambulance when I had a fall from my wheelchair yesterday in the wicker.

Thank you to the first responders who came to check me out.

Thank you to the ambulance crew who got me to the NGH.

Thank you to my "sisters" who were with me at the scene and who accompanied me to the hospital.

Thank you to the NGH A&E staff who dealt with me.

I am ok:- just got a sore lower spine from the tumble. (my chair-wheel caught in a pothole or a drain hole, and I was thrown from my chair.)

A friend of mine fell out of her chair in the Wicker just last week. Like you it was because of a drain hole type thing. It was just outside the Chemists and was reported. If thats where you had your spill then i would chase the council tomorrow ans ask why it hasn't been already fixed.

A friend of mine fell out of her chair in the Wicker just last week. Like you it was because of a drain hole type thing. It was just outside the Chemists and was reported. If thats where you had your spill then i would chase the council tomorrow ans ask why it hasn't been already fixed.

Sorry to hear that your friend has also had an accident, and a similar one to the one I had, at that! I hope she wasn't badly hurt?

My accident was further back, on the same side as the chemist, but nearer Lady's Bridge.

I didn't see the drain hole that caused my accident at the time of the incident so I wasn't aware, until today, about how deep it was. I went back there today intending to thank the lady from the beauty salon, but it was closed.

Hi - I found some posts relating to Direct Health homecare - are they still looking after you? Would you mind sending me a private message? Thanks.

Sorry to hear that your friend has also had an accident, and a similar one to the one I had, at that! I hope she wasn't badly hurt?

My accident was further back, on the same side as the chemist, but nearer Lady's Bridge.

I didn't see the drain hole that caused my accident at the time of the incident so I wasn't aware, until today, about how deep it was. I went back there today intending to thank the lady from the beauty salon, but it was closed.

Thank you PlainTalker, shes on the mend and feisty as ever. If the drain hole is too deep and obviously it must be otherwise you wouldn't have had your spill then the council or Amey would be a good call to make. It may be something they know about and have on their to do list so a quick call could bump it up the priority and if they dont know about it then at least they will after being contacted.

Oh and not to go all ambulance chaser on you or anything but if your chair was damaged at all and if you have any big out of pocket expense then keep a record and should it go the solicitor route you wont be left out of pocket.

Hoping you have a full and fast recovery, PlainTalker

:)