COD Ghosts, running at 1080p on PS4, rumoured 720p on Xbox One?

An interesting rumour is doing the rounds, which if true, is hugely embarrassing for Microsoft.

Sony have confirmed that COD Ghosts will run at native 1080p on the PS4, however Microsoft are keeping tight lipped. Why would they not announce that the Xbox One will run at 1080p if it can?

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2130456/call_of_duty_ghosts_ps4_1080p_vs_xbox_one_720p.html

Personally, (and don't shoot me for this) I fail to see how the hardware in either of the next gen consoles are going to be able to cope with full 1080p resolution at a steady 60fps.

Chances are they will have to drop to a steady 30fps just to keep a stable fps.

Both consoles use outdated hardware and although code can be optimised to a standard architecture present in the consoles the lack of real power will severely limit the quality.

Oh and forget 4k gaming, not going to happen on either of those consoles.

Yep, it's now been confirmed by someone at Infinity Ward. Considering COD is the main reason more people played on xbox instead of playstation, this is a huge fail!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/infinity-ward-cod-ghosts-is-720p-on-xbox-one-1080p-on-ps4/1100-6415873/

I wonder how many people will now be cancelling their xbox one preorders?

I agree, this is a massive fail for MS, but only because people care about such ludicrous things.

I'm not into COD (though I did give it a try, I found that the main enjoyment for the majority of COD players seems to be raging at people who kill them) as I prefer Battlefield, and have watched side by side playings of Battlefield 4 on Xbox and PS4 running simultaneously, these videos are on Youtube. The framerates are displayed and the PS4 has a slightly higher FR (I'm talking 1-5 FPS difference, when the average is 50-60 FPS) which is an endless source of pride to PS4 fans, despite the fact that such differences are impossible to measure without the framerate displayed.

The only difference between the two was a slightly higher level of AA on the PS4. As someone who has pre-ordered the Xbox One, I found myself caring not in the least about the miniscule differences between the two platforms; the games look superb on both, and when you're running around shooting you won't notice any discrepancy between them whatsoever.

I think what should be of greater concern to the Xbox One players is the fact that Microsoft doesn't care about us, this proven by the strict rules placed on ownership of the games we buy, as outlined when the console was announced. Granted, they've since reversed their policy, but only in light of diminished sales, their attitude remains the same. What a horrible company tbh. I would have gone the PS route (which I did originally, in spite of having an Xbox 360 for years and loving it, I pre-ordered a PS4 the day Microsoft announced the DRM) but for the fact that the people I game with are going the Xbox route, and so in order to "fit in," that is, to continue to play with the people I know, I have had to pre-order the Xbox instead.

So as the next gen of my console's bigger than your console begins, let's not lose sight of what's important, and that is how Microsoft have treated their customers, rather than a miniscule difference in performance that no human on earth (pigeons maybe, and flies) has evolved the eyes fast enough to notice.

if they both maintain the same amount of fps then the ps4 version is vastly superior