Blue Badge Use/Rules

1 hour ago, katekate said:

I wasn't aware that there were drop off bays at A + E.  The woman in question maybe did not know either.  She was telling us that broken bone or not if we didn't have a blue badge we could not park there.  

A. E .at  hallamshire is other side of hosp at side of main road there is a dozen car spaces about 3 or 4 for blue badges think you got  wrong area. Easy to get  wrong at hallamshire were A. E. is 

I absolutely hate Benefit Frauds , those people really get me angry , but when my friend parked in a Disabled space in a Supermarket car park , this  guy came up to her & started spouting off about how disgusting it was that she was misusing a Disabled space when there was nothing wrong with her . He said she should be ashamed of herself . She explained she had a Badge because she was disabled & that she was perfectly entitled to park there , but he wouldn't have it& continued to abuse her . It was only when she got out of the car & he realised she actually was disabled that he went bright red & apologised . Just because she didn't look disabled because she was sat in a car , doesn't mean she wasn't . 

With new blue badge laws coming in and the demand for spaces set to soar are sheff council ignoring gov law for council to increase spaces.

Prime example Northumberland road near charles clifford dental hospital '

The part of the road about 500 mtrs long had single yellow lines and allowed blue badge holders to park . As  it was adjacent to the dental  hospital it was a life line to patients going for hourly appointments there. This has part of the road is wide enough for 3 cars so space no issue why have they painted yellow lines on curb to  to stop blue badge holders parking . 

. Its throwing scorn in disabled peoples faces a disgrace and the person who autherised it  should be sacked .

The spaces outside hospital are always full / the extra space was a god send for disabled drivers on appointments a disgrace to sheff council get it put back to the original yellow lines or look for another job you morons 

Edited by spider1

Have you asked the council why this has happened ?

Yes a week ago they said we will get back to you when we find the revelant person dealing with these issues. Still waiting 

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

Yes a week ago they said we will get back to you when we find the revelant person dealing with these issues. Still waiting 

So you have no idea why the decision was made yet you come on a public forum and call the people who made the decision ‘morons’?  🙄

1. Yes i have been parking there 20 years and plain to anybody who uses the road this is blatently against blue badge holders. You obviously dont have a one but remember you may one day The gov says more disabled bays must be provided not less 
Edited by spider1

Let us know what the council`s response is Spider1 when they get in touch.

10 hours ago, spider1 said:
  1. Yes i have been parking there 20 years and plain to anybody who uses the road this is blatently against blue badge holders. You obviously dont have a one but remember you may one day The gov says more disabled bays must be provided not less 

Not much chance of someone parking for an appointment if you've been taking space  for 20 years.

Why not ask at Charles Clifford, they're likely to have had a say in it. It could have been down to the knock on effect of changes at Weston Park for example

25 minutes ago, Unrecordings said:

Why not ask at Charles Clifford, they're likely to have had a say in it. It could have been down to the knock on effect of changes at Weston Park for example

Asked nobody knows /   Phoned council again a woman starts telling me the rules about parking  with a blue badge then told me to  go read the signs on the road she had no idea