ALDI..why so manic with your shopping?

I'm usually One Step Ahead of 'em ....I add the cost of my items up whilst going round the store ...then , when they start scanning my items , I say 'cash' before they've even asked me 'Cash or Card' ...and I've got the correct money out before they've scanned the last item .. :)

Why not save even more time by just walking right last the till with your trolley and straight to the car!

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 05:42 ----------

The cashiers are timed ,it's company policy . I prefer this rather than waiting forever in a queue while someone takes forever to pack their bags then pays . :loopy:

Correct- they are targeted on scanning a certain number of items per minute (15 seems to be the target).

This is why they don't sit and wait when there is no queue - every second logged in at an empty til brings their average down.

Edited by CPC464

Listen its not hard……. Put everything in your trolley , move to the counter ( NEXT TO THE BIG WINDOWS) and bag your stuff. Its not hard ….. If you don’t get it!?!… look at the other shoppers and copy what they do.

If you can't cope with the speed of the cashier,all you have to do is scratch the bar-code if it's paper,or cardboard. Stretch if it's plastic ie: bag of veg.. Etc:

It will slow down the scanning process..........I think???

If you can't cope with the speed of the cashier,all you have to do is scratch the bar-code if it's paper,or cardboard. Stretch if it's plastic ie: bag of veg.. Etc:

It will slow down the scanning process..........I think???

oh whatever happened to the prices that were stuck on...you could have swapped them about i bet :huh:

Im getting pretty fed up of pensioner bashing on this forum. I'm in my 60s and have no trouble keeping up with the cashier at Aldi. I always have my card ready to pay and bag my food in carriers at the car. I hate the slowness and queues at other supermarkets. It may surprise some on here that you do not lose your faculties when you turn 59.:roll:

Im getting pretty fed up of pensioner bashing on this forum. I'm in my 60s and have no trouble keeping up with the cashier at Aldi. I always have my card ready to pay and bag my food in carriers at the car. I hate the slowness and queues at other supermarkets. It may surprise some on here that you do not lose your faculties when you turn 59.:roll:

We're an easy target. I hope the day is a long way off when I can't 'keep up' at a supermarket, but when it does I'll move to Sainsbury's. ;)

Can't win.....been to Budgeons today and nearly abandoned shopping (cutting nose off to spite face) as no one came to serve me and the assistant on the customer service desk neither heard me saying excuse me nor saw me, must really stop taking those invisible pills!!!

It's then you find the manager type person and say:

"No-one seems to want to take payment for these, am I alrite to take them now????"

It was like the Marie Celeste and my patience was limited, but I do agree and I would have done, might send an email to complain!

WOW !!! I have just been to Ecclesfield Aldi. I had read about all the problems with the speed of scanning, lack of room, lack of bags etc, but I thought I could be just as fast, and I prepared by having my money in one pocket, my bags in the other, and I thought I would simply put my shopping back in my basket, pay, and then repack out of the way.

The till operator was busy tutting at the family in front, and started scanning my items before they had finished packing. Then she say I still had my basket and demanded I give it to her. I said I was just trying to be helpful and was going to repack. She spoke to me like I was a shoplifter, I almost expected her calling security. She snatched my basket, from my hand, carried on scanning, and when I protested she snapped "that's the way it is". So why can someone with a trolley take it to the side, but not a basket ? NEVER AGAIN !!!

WOW !!! I have just been to Ecclesfield Aldi. I had read about all the problems with the speed of scanning, lack of room, lack of bags etc, but I thought I could be just as fast, and I prepared by having my money in one pocket, my bags in the other, and I thought I would simply put my shopping back in my basket, pay, and then repack out of the way.

The till operator was busy tutting at the family in front, and started scanning my items before they had finished packing. Then she say I still had my basket and demanded I give it to her. I said I was just trying to be helpful and was going to repack. She spoke to me like I was a shoplifter, I almost expected her calling security. She snatched my basket, from my hand, carried on scanning, and when I protested she snapped "that's the way it is". So why can someone with a trolley take it to the side, but not a basket ? NEVER AGAIN !!!

It does clearly state that baskets must be left at the beginning of the conveyor belt. Baskets aren't allowed at the packing side (I suppose because shoppers would take them). Other supermarkets don't allow it either.