ALDI..why so manic with your shopping?

If I'm coming from the motorway I often pop in the Lidl at Castlebeck to see the tatoos.

If I'm coming from the motorway I often pop in the Lidl at Castlebeck to see the tatoos.

Good job you're not a tattoo artist isn't it? :P

I've only been in Aldi once ... a few weeks ago.

I was incensed beyond reasonable human imaginings that you have to pay a pound to rent a trolley ... what a rip off! It's free at Tesco! :o

So completely stupefied was I, that I decided to get my own back ... I refused to take the trolley back to whence it came, just leaving it forlornly in the car park instead for members of staff to attend to. That'll teach 'em! I don't understand why others don't do the same as me to show their disapproval. Grr!

I'd take your trolly back and pocket the pound :D

I'd take your trolly back and pocket the pound :D

No chance ... it was jammed permanently in the pay slot on the trolley handlebars! Nearly snapped the car keys trying to wheedle it out! :mad:

I've only been in Aldi once ... a few weeks ago.

I was incensed beyond reasonable human imaginings that you have to pay a pound to rent a trolley ... what a rip off! It's free at Tesco! :o

So completely stupefied was I, that I decided to get my own back ... I refused to take the trolley back to whence it came, just leaving it forlornly in the car park instead for members of staff to attend to. That'll teach 'em! I don't understand why others don't do the same as me to show their disapproval. Grr!

Oh thats it Alcoblog!, giving Aldi ideas!, they will soon be 'hiring' out the shopping trolleys for 22.27 minutes or you will forfeit your quid (or get an electric shock), so all you Aldi shoppers you had better get in training! As per my post re getting bashed which no-one seems to care about, Ive been to Morrisons today, it was serene lol

What happens to the trolly when you've paid tho, people wouldn't bother to return it to the checkout they'd just F-off with it.

Aldi don't employ nearly enough staff members to go and get another trolly for the next customer.

It is not quantum physics:

1 You pay £1 to release a trolley on your way in and you put your shopping in it.

2 You unload your shopping out of it onto the till conveyer belt and the assistant starts ringing up the items immediately and putting them into the trolley left by the previous customer (which has £1 in).

3 You leave the trolley you got out (for the assistant to put next customer's stuff in) and take the one full of your shopping, to your car and unload (into bags, boxes, your boot, etc).

4 Then you return the trolley and get your £1 back.

Why is that not more efficient than the current system?

It is not quantum physics:

1 You pay £1 to release a trolley on your way in and you put your shopping in it.

2 You unload your shopping out of it onto the till conveyer belt and the assistant starts ringing up the items immediately and putting them into the trolley left by the previous customer (which has £1 in).

3 You leave the trolley you got out (for the assistant to put next customer's stuff in) and take the one full of your shopping, to your car and unload (into bags, boxes, your boot, etc).

4 Then you return the trolley and get your £1 back.

Why is that not more efficient than the current system?

Because someone will come along with a basket and muck the system up.

Or someone like me who puts boxes in the trolley so I can easily and quickly pack my shopping as they chuck it through the till, then just lift the boxes into the car boot. (my local council's recycling boxes are ideal for this)

Im getting pretty fed up of pensioner bashing on this forum. I'm in my 60s and have no trouble keeping up with the cashier at Aldi. I always have my card ready to pay and bag my food in carriers at the car. I hate the slowness and queues at other supermarkets. It may surprise some on here that you do not lose your faculties when you turn 59.:roll:

:thumbsup: or when you turn 70, I manage to arrange goods on conveyor belt - heavy at front light at back. As assistant moves item through scanner I grab and drop in trolley, have cash in hand or card depending on how I'm going to pay - then simply pay and move away to the counter and then I can pack at leisure Time is more important as you get older [less to come] so don't want to spend it in a shop. Usually go to the one at Attercliffe and have never had a miserable member of staff yet - I always smile and get one back, a smile that is :D

Because someone will come along with a basket and muck the system up.

Or someone like me who puts boxes in the trolley so I can easily and quickly pack my shopping as they chuck it through the till, then just lift the boxes into the car boot. (my local council's recycling boxes are ideal for this)

They could have a dedicated checkout for baskets.

And awkward beggars like you could still use the same trolley as you started off with - most people wouldn't. As long as everyone who arrives at the till with their stuff in a trolley leaves with a trolley, that's all that matters.

simple solution do away with baskets like Aldi has.

simple solution do away with baskets like Aldi has.

:confused:Not by last Saturday they hadn't. (Do you mean Aldi, or Lidl?)

But yes, that would be a good idea.

:confused:Not by last Saturday they hadn't. (Do you mean Aldi, or Lidl?)

But yes, that would be a good idea.

Yes you are correct, just ask the other half witch one it was, it was lidl who didnt used to have baskets but know they do, i apologize for my error.