ALDI..why so manic with your shopping?

ile hire one off you for 75p, how do you get 75p in the pound slot?

That's not your problem. You just give me 75p. I provide you with a trolley while you do your shopping and return it to me.

oh dear i hanv't quite grasp the full meanings of the English language yet, no wonder i am misunderstood:confused::confused:

we've made the switch to Aldi and I'm impressed with the freshness and quality of the products (with the exception of the avocados but that's another story), but some of the staff I think could do with some customer relations training - most are great, but there is one girl at the Archer Road store who is very aggressive.

We've had three issues recently:

1 Items scanned so quickly that the bill was over £55 for a £24 shop ... my OH realised that she'd doubled scanned some items and insisted she take them off, but the total was still wrong, so he ended up being given cash after he'd paid with a card - goodness knows how she balanced her till.

2 Myself & other shoppers had to wait 15 mins when one of the checkout girls left the till to go and clear up a spilled item on the shop floor. Her supervisor gave her a telling off, but we didn't get any apology for waiting so long (shopping was on the conveyor belt so couldn't just swap to another till)

3 Till operator scanned shopping of older customers in front of us so quickly they pushed the shopping off the counter - products burst open & had to be replaced & cleaned. I know 'time is money' but surely a little more care would not be out of place. They didn't get an apology either

Whilst I like the speediness of the checkouts, I do think some of the operators go over the top - wonder how head office would feel at having their shopping bruised as it's thrown with little care into a trolley

We shop at aldi all the time and seem to have sussed the checkout. We have 3 large aldi fabric bags.

We load all the heavy stuff (that can't be squashed) onto the conveyor belt first. Then very quickly pack the bags (in the trolley) as their scanning at the speed of light!

It can be done but it's just working out what items need to go into the bags first then all the soft stuff can sit ontop.

We also get looked at in amazement as we push the trolley out as we walk past the benches where all the people are still packing...

We shop at aldi all the time and seem to have sussed the checkout. We have 3 large aldi fabric bags.

We load all the heavy stuff (that can't be squashed) onto the conveyor belt first. Then very quickly pack the bags (in the trolley) as their scanning at the speed of light!

It can be done but it's just working out what items need to go into the bags first then all the soft stuff can sit ontop.

We also get looked at in amazement as we push the trolley out as we walk past the benches where all the people are still packing...

there should not be a problem if there's two of you, i would say the problems arise when there is only one where they have to clear the checkout and then pay, but there are some barm pots that are on there own, "and not always"that methodically pack there shopping bags and then fumble for there payment,

there should not be a problem if there's two of you, i would say the problems arise when there is only one where they have to clear the checkout and then pay, but there are some barm pots that are on there own, "and not always"that methodically pack there shopping bags and then fumble for there payment,

Very good point.. I totally forgot to say there's two of us.

I'd be in a world of hurt shopping solo :-(

Very good point.. I totally forgot to say there's two of us.

I'd be in a world of hurt shopping solo :-(

Even when ime with the oh, everything goes straight in the trolly and its sorted when i get to the car, i find that suits me better.