Cutting a SIM card

If I cut my sim card into a micro sim will it still work and if I mess it up will they send me another sim as I'm on contract? Thanks for any info.

I've just had a new phone this week..it takes a micro simm,my old phone used the larger ones..I just went into one of my provider's shops and they transferred the number and contacts over for me for free..I'm on a contract too.. (assuming that's what you want to do)

If I cut my sim card into a micro sim will it still work and if I mess it up will they send me another sim as I'm on contract? Thanks for any info.

It should still work provided you cut it right. There are plenty of templates available online. If you're not sure about doing it. Pop into your networks phone shop and they will either cut it for you using the proper tool or replace your sim for the size you need free of charge. Beware though that some of the older sims have bigger chips in them and I think cutting these ones will involve cutting into the actual chip and could possibly destroy it (could not will). These chips have 8 connection points rather than 6 so are easily identifiable.

Edited by steroc

I didn't think of trying the shop. I will go in at the weekend thank you

I've cut numerous ones down to size.

As long as you don't cut the actual chip you can't go wrong. One that I did mess up still works, it's just got a bit of sellotape to hold the chip in the right place. :D

You can pick up a sim card cutter for a couple of quid from amazon, ebay etc if you need to