Strong winds Monday

As per usual nothing has happened. As I posted earlier, glorified curry night!

The storm has really hit us hard. I spotted a wheelie bin on it's side on the way into work. Stay alert, people.

Some of those Amey plastic barrier things are on their side; its hell out there, be careful.

I didn't find it too bad on my drive into work.

There's little wind as of now with the biggest hazard being surface spray, but that's no worse than any other miserable Autumn day when weve had some persistent rain.

I found the drive in last Thursday far more unpleasant than this morning.

Regards

Doom

The storm has really hit us hard. I spotted a wheelie bin on it's side on the way into work. Stay alert, people.

Really hit me hard as well. Was flying from Stockholm to Gatwick last night and the plane touched down slightly harder than usual. Mind you my experience on Danish soil (I changed planes in Copenhagen) wasn't that great.

Fair dos! I try not to be rude, when you're in an 'argument' it does you no favours! :lol:

I apologise for my incessant bickering - we'll have to agree to disagree but it's just something that winds me up!

As for this storm, I'm in town and it's suspiciously calm...

Seems from the current BBC reports that heavy rain will pass over some time between 3am and 6am..

No problem fella, I think we up here can all look up and say thanks to him upstairs, we have got off lightly compared to the poor sods down South.

We might still get something I cannot say, but they've had it bad I hope no fatalities.

just seen a report of a car being blown over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXpSW37CIAEx2FW.jpg

Be careful out there folks.

hahaha :hihi:

We've got a big tree outside our office and the tree leaves are barely moving....It's quite calm out there at the moment.

Regards

Doom

Hardly any wind or rain here in Hucknall at the moment. I've moved my cheapo plastic greenhouse to the back of the garage in case it it gets any worse later..