Madeleine McCann investigation

Wasn't there 8 couples all with children dining with the McCanns that night?? So should they all be charged with neglect then?

Is it confirmed that the other couples didn't have anyone looking after their children?

... Wasn't there 8 couples all with children dining with the McCanns that night?? So should they all be charged with neglect then?
Yes. After all, it wasn't necessary, there was a babysitter service available. Or they could have had all the kids in one apartment and taken it in turns to look after them. That's what most people do apparently.

But for all any of us lot know, they could all have been under the supervision of the Social Services ever since it all first came out in the media.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. As a parent I have never ever left my children alone & never would however, I once (in 10 year's of parenting) let go of my toddlers hand & she got perilously close to the kerb before I caught up with her.

I went home and sobbed bitterly that for a split second I took my eyes off the ball & dwelled over the terrible consequences that could've had. It taught me a lesson.

In hindsight its easy to see what our mistakes are.

Wasn't there 8 couples all with children dining with the McCanns that night?? So should they all be charged with neglect then?

Yes they should.

Whether they were told about the burglaries or not youd look at you apartment backing on to a car park from the kids bedroom window, that it was an end apartment that had a side gate to the road, the security of the apartment as a whole ( didnt they say the apartment couldnt be locked from the outside?)

And age and vulnerabity of the kids and youd do a personal risk assesment in your head as we all do.

To decide given the facts that the best course of action is to go and have some wine and a meal and leave the kids was neglectfull and stupid of them.

Something very fishy about the case.

If they were a couple in benidorm off that new benefits street program their other kids would be in care now and they would have been charged for neglect, no doubt about that at all.

To let go of your childs hand accidentally is a completely different thing, no thought involved in that.

In that apartment with its shoody security and position on the complex youd have to be a moron or extremely arrogant to believe the kids would be ok, they though about themselves and their holiday and well being and didnt look after those kids properly.

Take them with you or stay in, easy as that.

If they wanted nights out on their own while they were away they should have taken their nanny from home with them!

Edited by yellowperil

Yeah, because the best way to get hold of criminals is to give them fair warning in a national newspaper. I'll not hold my breath.

How true this statement is ! I had never thought of it like that.

I wouldn't leave my dog alone that far from me in an unfamiliar place, let alone my kids. They put their own pleasure over the safety of the kids, that much is a fact. They probably hate themselves for what happened, but not half as much as i hate them for letting it happen. :mad:

apparently they said it was just like having a drink in the garden............

excuse me I don't think so

When my son was 3 we were doing exactly that, having a drink in the garden, we lived in a bungalow

He was asleep in bed, soundly so we thought, but

he must have woke up and came to the patio doors where he was banging on the doors and crying, we were there in a second to comfort him, I still hate thinking about the distress he must have felt for those few minutes when he thought we had left him. He still reminds us of it and he is now 24.

I wish every parent was as perfect as the ones that are on here criticising the McCanns; or indeed the investigating police had so much insight as some who post on here....If so the world would be as perfect as they are. :rolleyes:

..indeed, but the Sheffield Forum do like a judgemental holier-than-thou whine every few days don't it?

I wish every parent was as perfect as the ones that are on here criticising the McCanns; or indeed the investigating police had so much insight as some who post on here....If so the world would be as perfect as they are. :rolleyes:

Too right. I have 3 grown up kids. All went to uni have good jobs and in loving relationships. Grounded kids. I must have been a perfect parent, nope I made mistakes like all humans do, fortunately nothing horrendous happened but it could have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, smugness is distasteful

Well I mustnt be as judgemental as everyone else then, because as I say, I don't hold any contempt for them whatsoever. As stated before though I wouldn't leave my children alone but as a group of friends holidaying together I think they were all backing one another up that it was safe & normal.

Let's presume they'd put them in the nanny care & a nanny had lost her/killed her, there would always be a handful of people who would say "They shouldn't have left the children with strangers in a foreign country"

How many people walk/drive past children of Madelaines age (4 or 5) playing in the road with a ball or bike??? I see it most days. That's far more reckless. They left madelaine tucked up in bed a few yards from where they were sitting. Where it not for the evil in this world she would've remained there.

you know when i was younger there was a child taken from a caravan site while her parents slept , were they held for child neglect , no !! they weren't . Its doesn't make it right but this is common practice for british parents to do this world wide !

you know when i was younger there was a child taken from a caravan site while her parents slept , were they held for child neglect , no !! they weren't . Its doesn't make it right but this is common practice for british parents to do this world wide !

Really? I'm a parent and have never done it. Perhaps we should set up a thread with a poll to see?

Really? I'm a parent and have never done it. Perhaps we should set up a thread with a poll to see?

Me neither...