Madeleine McCann investigation

why haven't the McCann's been crucified in the press and prosecuted for neglect.? Who goes out to dinner leaving their young children unattended? It would be bad enough at their home, let alone an unfamiliar holiday apartment.

are the press that sacred of this well informed, professional and highly defensive couple?

the whole case is bizzare Have the Mccanns answered any questions whatsoever from Scotland Yard or the British police? How can you have an investigation if you haven't answered questions that I would have thought standard in a case where a child has vanished?

Totally agree i can't understand why so many people defend them on here.

why haven't the McCann's been crucified in the press and prosecuted for neglect.? Who goes out to dinner leaving their young children unattended? It would be bad enough at their home, let alone an unfamiliar holiday apartment.

They have been, they sued the press for libel and were paid damages

are the press that sacred of this well informed, professional and highly defensive couple?

the whole case is bizzare Have the Mccanns answered any questions whatsoever from Scotland Yard or the British police?

Presumably they have, but unless you are a member of the investigating team you are hardly in a position to know are you?

How can you have an investigation if you haven't answered questions that I would have thought standard in a case where a child has vanished?

And you know this how?

The police should stop with their games and their leaks to the press and just get on with doing their job. Every few months there's more rubbish about them digging in a field or the imminent arrest of suspects. All it does is promote speculation, gossip, hearsay and the usual accusations/counter-accusations.

I honestly feel there should be an embargo on McCann news stories until some actual facts can be reported. Otherwise it's just a sideshow. And who does that benefit?

because the Portuguese police are completely incompetent and totally bungled the investigation the first time around??

I would imagine they're working every angle, not just looking at one theory.

They won't tell the public all the details tho, it's still a police investigation and not a TV reality show.

But that only applies if they find a body and actually come up with something you claim the local plod missed.

david-cameron-daughter-behind-pub When is neglect neglect?

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 01:22 ----------

If I were in my garden and could clearly see the back of my house I certainly wouldn't leave my child asleep in the front with their bedroom window open. Even leaving child abduction to one side it's an open invitation to burglars.

Child or not they were negligent.

If they could see the window through which access was gained then this shouldn't have been able to happen. If they couldn't see that window then they invite the risk.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

If I understand correctly, I could say the same only in a different scenario... Walking to school in such a short skirt is asking for trouble!?! Don't walk down that path because you are asking for trouble!!!! ... Don't lock the door is asking for trouble, Having a window open is asking for trouble,

Me having a Scotland icon on this forum is asking for trouble, etc etc ...

NO ONE IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!! If it is hot and I open a window I am not asking for trouble! . Don't blame the victim because some Nutter uses the excuse, Your window was open, Your skirt was to short, etc etc.!

If I understand correctly, I could say the same only in a different scenario... Walking to school in such a short skirt is asking for trouble!?! Don't walk down that path because you are asking for trouble!!!! ... Don't lock the door is asking for trouble, Having a window open is asking for trouble,

Me having a Scotland icon on this forum is asking for trouble, etc etc ...

NO ONE IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!! If it is hot and I open a window I am not asking for trouble! . Don't blame the victim because some Nutter uses the excuse, Your window was open, Your skirt was to short, etc etc.!

You should be able to leave your car unlocked and not worry I agree. You should be able to leave your window open and not worry if you go out. I agree entirely that you should be able to.

The reality of the world is that you can't though and everyone knows that. Everyone knows that if you leave your window open and go out you've a reasonable chance of finding things missing when you get back.

Leave a window open, get burgled and then try to claim. Let me know how you get on with your insurance company

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

There are UK government guidelines on the UK law about leaving children unattended, they probably don't apply in Portugal or to prime minsters.

"babies, toddlers and very young children should never be left alone"

"The law says that parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health’."

https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

It's all a matter of common sense, of which for all of their degrees etc. the Mcann's seem to have non at all.

They were 50 meters away, could see the balcony of the apartment from where they were eating and went back to make regular checks. It is no different to someone eating out in their garden in the summer whilst the kids are in bed. They were not neglectful, they were simply incredibly unlucky.

So why did they feel the need to drug her with a heavy dose of Calpol which was apparently a regular occurrence. Calpol contains Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) which damages the liver in high doses. Repeated use could easily kill from the accumulated effects. The Parents were/are medical doctors and knew or should have known the possible outcome of their actions. If a body is found a PM should show if she was negligently poisoned and the death concealed.

holidays are about familys doin things together, not leavin your kids in an empty apartment while your eating and drinkin on your own.the kids should have been with them,or at the worse left with a child minder.has for its like leavin them in bed at home while your in the garden thats rubbish.

Yet more headlines about the questioning of 11 people.

I'd have a lot more faith in the police investigation if they stopped drip feeding snippets of non-news in an attempt to prove they are actually doing something.

They should wait until they have definite news or have made significant progress / arrests before issuing stories to the press.

People feel sorry for the McCanns because it's obvious that they have been through hell. But they were also guilty of being massively neglectful of their own children too. You just don't go out eating and drinking with your mates and leave three small children on their own, you just don't do that.