Madeleine McCann investigation

Sorry, I just don't agree with your analogy.

Angel1

It isn't an anology. It is an example of sitting in a different place having something to eat whilst you kid is asleep in a bedroon 50 yards away. Garden or restaurant... what's the difference?

The fact of the matter is that they weren't in their own garden they were in a separate building and if they could see their apartment at all times then they would have seen what happened and they were offered a free baby sitting service and declined it.

Can you see the front and back of your house from your garden?

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 17:50 ----------

But I know that strangers wouldnt be passing my front door on a regular basis, your comparison is foolish

Strangers pass my front door all the time and I suspect that is true for most people. Am I a bad parent when I sit in the garden? You think I should be patroling the house? Get real and stop being so judgemental.

If I were in my garden and could clearly see the back of my house I certainly wouldn't leave my child asleep in the front with their bedroom window open. Even leaving child abduction to one side it's an open invitation to burglars.

Child or not they were negligent.

If they could see the window through which access was gained then this shouldn't have been able to happen. If they couldn't see that window then they invite the risk.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Police announce several suspects will be interviewed in the near future.

Way to tip them off, lackwits!

Don't know of anyone, chav or not, who's received time for leaving their kids asleep whilst going out.

As for the OP.....the constant drip, drip of snippets of info smacks of people trying to justify their wages/time.

Instead of feeding the speculation they should put up or shut up. Release any info once there is news and not before.

Loads if you GOOGLE them.

A mother has been jailed for 15 months for leaving her baby daughter at home alone every day for a week while she went out drinking.

The woman, 20, of Brecon, Powys, admitted neglect of the 15-month old while she went out at Christmas.

Angel1

Completely different circumstances. As you well know, otherwise you'd have posted the link

A whole week of neglect/abuse v one night out. Find a comparable situation.

If I were in my garden and could clearly see the back of my house I certainly wouldn't leave my child asleep in the front with their bedroom window open. Even leaving child abduction to one side it's an open invitation to burglars.

Child or not they were negligent.

If they could see the window through which access was gained then this shouldn't have been able to happen. If they couldn't see that window then they invite the risk.

Would you lock people up who have lost their child because they left a window open? Let he who has never left a window open cast the first stone.

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 18:46 ----------

Completely different circumstances. As you well know, otherwise you'd have posted the link

One night out, with the apartment in sight and regular checks. What risk do people think the McCanns should have managed better? We can't guard our kids 24/7.

Would you lock people up who have lost their child because they left a window open? Let he who has never left a window open cast the first stone.

Never said I would.

I don't believe their account. I have a child the same age and I know for a fact that carrying her out of a window (as per crimewatch) would cause her to wake up and then scream the place down. I don't buy their account at all personally.

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 18:52 ----------

One night out, with the apartment in sight and regular checks. What risk do people think the McCanns should have managed better? We can't guard our kids 24/7.

I personally wouldn't have left the building. I have a child therefore my social life is limited. I accept it. I wouldn't have left the apartment.

Didn't they accept that this wasn't the first night they'd gone out this way hence the admission that Madeleine had said to them that she was crying the night before but they didn't hear her? I'm certain they said that.

Never said I would.

I don't believe their account. I have a child the same age and I know for a fact that carrying her out of a window (as per crimewatch) would cause her to wake up and then scream the place down. I don't buy their account at all personally.

They haven't given an account of what happened to Madeliene (because they don't know) so there is no account to not believe.

You said they were negectful because they left a window open (and we don't even know they did). That doesn't amount to child neglect. Window neglect maybe.

They haven't given an account of what happened to Madeliene (because they don't know) so there is no account to not believe.

You said they were negectful because they left a window open (and we don't even know they did). That doesn't amount to child neglect. Window neglect maybe.

I don't believe she was abducted by a third party through a window which was the account on crimewatch.

I do believe it was child neglect. Whether that deserves a prison sentence isn't for me to say.

Seeing as you raised the argument that this was the first occasion they had done this, and by Mrs McCann's admission it wasn't, and her daughter had suggested that she had woken upset but unable to contact her parents, do you have any comment on that?

It wasn't one night it was several and they declined the offer of the in house child minding service.

I personally wouldn't have left the building. I have a child therefore my social life is limited. I accept it. I wouldn't have left the apartment.

Didn't they accept that this wasn't the first night they'd gone out this way hence the admission that Madeleine had said to them that she was crying the night before but they didn't hear her? I'm certain they said that.

I suppose it is neglectful for deaf people not to hear their kids crying and go running? Not comforting a crying child is not neglect.

I suppose it is neglectful for deaf people not to hear their kids crying and go running? Not comforting a crying child is not neglect.

It's neglectful being so far away and out of contact that you can't hear your child or have any contact with them and made worse by the fact that they did it repeatedly.