Madeleine McCann investigation

I do believe that Madeleine is dead and was killed shortly after she was kidnapped to keep her quiet. There is no way that someone could have brought her up since then without her being recognised. I do hope that I am wrong though.

Why do the McCanns still get so much press? There are hundreds of children missing and never found, but those parents don't get all this coverage, nor do they get to sell their story and make money off it.

Kerry Needham?

The McCanns. Which look better on TV and make a better sob story.

It's a variation of the USA phenomena called the missing white woman syndrome... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 16:02 ----------

I do believe that Madeleine is dead and was killed shortly after she was kidnapped to keep her quiet. There is no way that someone could have brought her up since then without her being recognised. I do hope that I am wrong though.

I fear you are correct.

Being brutal about it though - if she was kidnapped at the age of three and brought up as someone elses child - is it more or less damaging to her now to be removed from her family and returned. It's a potentially huge minefield this one....

Kerry Needham?

It's a variation of the USA phenomena called the missing white woman syndrome... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

I fear you are correct.

Being brutal about it though - if she was kidnapped at the age of three and brought up as someone elses child - is it more or less damaging to her now to be removed from her family and returned. It's a potentially huge minefield this one....

I agree with you it would be a difficult situation were she ever found.

Kerry Needham?

Yep, I made a v similar point in here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11650711&postcount=10

I think the guy Mitchell does a lot for them,he said this morning it was a pleasure to help them,does that mean he does it for nothing.

I highly doubt it.

The McCanns are even registered on various "celebrity" agent sites. Mitchell has already used the terms "handling their PR".

Its sickens me. Shameless fame and clearly fortune out of the disappearence of their own child.

I highly doubt it.

The McCanns are even registered on various "celebrity" agent sites. Mitchell has already used the terms "handling their PR".

Its sickens me. Shameless fame and clearly fortune out of the disappearence of their own child.

I doubt it too,I said it sarcastically,he's just part of the circus.

Wouldn't it be great if an 'adopted' 13 year-old girl, somewhere on the planet, was applying mascara or eye makeup for the first time, and thinks "That's an unusual flash in my eye..."

I doubt very much shes still alive. She was days off being 4 years old, there'd be a big chance a child of that age would remember her previous life and even in the early days would have had the language to talk about it.

If someone wanted a child to keep alive it would've made so much more sense and been a lot less risky to take one of the younger children.

Just watched the Maddie programme,did I hear right that the detective was told he could not interview the tapas7.

The last guy interviewed who got the sack from the holiday apartments was very much on edge .

The last guy interviewed who got the sack from the holiday apartments was very much on edge .

Possibly because he knows that one wrong word he says in broken English could end up with his face all over the British tabloids the next day.

Was quite biased from the BBC, who are partially funded by the government, the same government who have ploughed money into the case.

Would be very unwise for the BBC to bite the hand that feeds them

The whole things been a complete screw up from day 1 to be fair.

Edited by Mac_Plas

I highly doubt it.

Have you thought that the McGanns might be sickened by it as well? Perhaps even more than you! Just maybe they're orchestrating their publicity campaign in the vain hope that keeping the case in the public eye might get a result? Or maybe they're just fame hungry celeb wannabes? Oh, I can't decide.

I can.

I'm sure they are crying all the way to the bank ready to cash in their latest tv interview appearance fee, or newspaper interview royalty or book launch or documentary repeat fees or latest court payout.

Perhaps if they focused their efforts on their "cause" rather than PR, reputation management, fighting court cases and basically playing celebrity victims people might not think so harsh on them

Fact is hundreds of parents have faced the devistating hearbreak of losing a child through abduction or worse.

They dont all get their own PR agent, a string of media appearances and 10 years of government funded support. Even less so when the sole cause of the issue was through their own selfish actions.

Edited by ECCOnoob