Madeleine McCann investigation

21 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Be nice to see the  same sort of time/ money Publicity etc been spent on finding say Ben Needham amongst others 

They closed the Ben Needham case ages ago.

39 minutes ago, geared said:

They closed the Ben Needham case ages ago.

Yes we know - that's the point.

Somehow the McCanns keep getting their case dragged on and on and on

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I thought South Yorkshire Police had concluded most likely Ben Needham had died because a neighboring farmer had accidentally not seen him when doing groundwork with a bulldozer. The farmer died a few years ago meaning it's not possible to question him about what happened to Ben Needham. It's the German Police who have resurfaced the disappearance of Madeleine into the News because the chief suspect is in prison after being convicted of another crime. The chief suspect of Madeleine is also the chief suspect in the disappearance of a young girl that happened in Germany about five years ago. Routine Police work has established evidence that suggests  the man now in German prison was in the area where Madeleine disappeared shortly before she disappeared and had previously lived in the area. The German Police will be obviously hoping that by making new information public that other people might come forward with evidence to help with their investigation into the disappearance of the German girl and Madeleine. 

In short it's not the McCanns who have dragged the case up this week,  it's the  German Police who have done so because it's the correct time to release new information to the media in an attempt to help solve two missing girl inquiries.

Yes - that was in 2016, and SYP were still doing forensics from the Ben Needham case in 2017 - 26 years after he disappeared.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ben_Needham

Madeleine McCann disappeared 13 years ago.

I'm feeling a bit rambunctious today so I'm picking the scab that is this thread. 

I watched The disappearance of Madeleine McCann on Netflix.  It deserves your attention.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'm feeling a bit rambunctious today so I'm picking the scab that is this thread. 

I watched The disappearance of Madeleine McCann on Netflix.  It deserves your attention.

Why? You're going to have to give a bit more information to get my attention.

19 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why? You're going to have to give a bit more information to get my attention.

Watch it, don't watch it. 

Dont care.

However one little snippet I will supply is how the lead Portuguese investigator thought the McCanns killed her, hid the body in a freezer, hire a car two weeks later and disposed of the body. In front of police and press who were camped outside where they were staying for months.

17 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Still convinced that her parents did it.

Then id watch that programme (it's a 7 parter I think so set some time aside) and see if you still think that.

2 hours ago, FoxLady said:

"Convinced" is a very strong word.

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Just personal opinion

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Watch it, don't watch it. 

Dont care.

However one little snippet I will supply is how the lead Portuguese investigator thought the McCanns killed her, hid the body in a freezer, hire a car two weeks later and disposed of the body. In front of police and press who were camped outside where they were staying for months.

Then id watch that programme (it's a 7 parter I think so set some time aside) and see if you still think that.

Thank you. Well from that little snipit you have given me and the fact you have advised it is a seven parter I certainly will not be watching it.

I'm not committing that length of time to endure even more droning on and on about this case, more attention drawn the already press hungry, media manipulating professional victims who are her parents.

I'd love to know the the back-end machine and backhanders that are being done to get this thing commissioned into a virtual mini series. 

Just emphasises the criticisms that many others have raised even more. The posh, White Collar middle class professionals losing a child get all the attention and continue to milk for all it's worth whilst the significantly poorer, working class council estate parents losing a child barely get a look in.

Edited by ECCOnoob

57 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Thank you. Well from that little snipit you have given me and the fact you have advised it is a seven parter I certainly will not be watching it.

I'm not committing that length of time to endure even more droning on and on about this case, more attention drawn the already press hungry, media manipulating professional victims who are her parents.

I'd love to know the the back-end machine and backhanders that are being done to get this thing commissioned into a virtual mini series. 

Just emphasises the criticisms that many others have raised even more. The posh, White Collar middle class professionals losing a child get all the attention and continue to milk for all it's worth whilst the significantly poorer, working class council estate parents losing a child barely get a look in.

Parents are only in it previous footage, apart from that they aren't in it at all. If you watched that you'd know that. You'd know who the benefactors were - You might find that an eye opener. You might be interested in the level of press intrusion, you might not be. 

And I know for a fact they didn't do much that you wouldn't do. 

But, as i said, watch it or not, but I don't think you've got as much info on the whole thing as you think you have.

You're kind of right about the council estate thing - equally Karen Matthews got a lot of footage, the reason that it stopped was because they found Shannon under a bed. Would Karen matthews hatched that plan if the McCanns hadn't gone on that (needless in my opinion) tour? I don't think so.

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are people still really in any doubt that the odds are always stacked in favour of the white middle class and stacked against working class folk? At the very least, they seem to get the sticky end of any problem going. White working class boys are the most deprived demographic in the UK 

Shut up . How many white working class boys have gone missing and never been found ?  Pushing your political agenda again .