Madeleine McCann investigation

I take it since they were unable to find the guy ten years ago the chances of locating him now are pretty remote.

The descriptions of the man they are looking for get more and more vague as the years roll on.

Its quite a farce isn't it

to be honest I don't think we will ever find out what happened to poor Madeleine

That's not what I asked. You seemed to be implying that you know what really happened, so go on tell us.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

That's not what I asked. You seemed to be imply that you know what really happened, so go on tell us.

jb

If the answer is based on the assumption you have to hold your breath, I'd let it go.

And also years ago parents left their children asleep in holiday camp chalets, with only a listening patrol as baby sitters. One or two people would walk around a large site, and if they heard a child cry, the chalet number would be tannoyed so the parents could investigate. I believe the baby listening practice was far more akin to the actions of the McCanns and their friends who took turns to check the apartments, than leaving children at home and jetting off to a different country for several days. The children in the linked article had already been identified as victims of neglect.

I know there are many people who have found the McCanns guilty of all sorts of heinous crimes and who will never have any sympathy for them. Some of the accusations and comments I've seen are really insensitive. Its a pity, in my opinion, that these critics haven't considered that Madeleine's siblings will become aware of these (usually anonymous) comments when they are older. Her grandparents too, who were in no way responsible, have had to live not only with her disappearance, but with some vile accusations made against their children. But there are obviously people who feel that voicing their opinion is far more important than considering the feelings of the wider family who have all suffered the loss of the little girl.

I agree some of the posts on here make me so angry. Some of the posters are so damn opinionated it's vile

Police are now looking for a lone man that carried out a series of sexual assaults on girls in villas in that area between 2004-2006, while they were sleeping in their beds.

obviously this fact has been open to the Police since the actual offenses took place ,yet its taken all these years since the McCann disappearance suddenly to see the light of day.

Is anyone else on here following this and if you are what do you make of the searches so near to the apartment.

A number of things strike me about this:

The first of these is why this area wasn’t searched so thoroughly 7 years ago as this would seem an obvious place to look for a child that may have wandered off.

The second is why the Police still seem to be going for an abductor/burglar theory. It seems very odd to me that either of these would take a shovel with them to dig a hole (in rock hard ground) to conceal a body only a few hundred yards from the site of the criminal activity.

The third is I wonder what has tipped them off to this area, has someone talked as it does seem very specific.

None of this seems to make any sense at all and just wondered if anyone on here could explain any of the above.

Lost interest ages ago. If they find her I may show interest again.

Is anyone else on here following this and if you are what do you make of the searches so near to the apartment.

A number of things strike me about this:

The first of these is why this area wasn’t searched so thoroughly 7 years ago as this would seem an obvious place to look for a child that may have wandered off.

The second is why the Police still seem to be going for an abductor/burglar theory. It seems very odd to me that either of these would take a shovel with them to dig a hole (in rock hard ground) to conceal a body only a few hundred yards from the site of the criminal activity.

The third is I wonder what has tipped them off to this area, has someone talked as it does seem very specific.

None of this seems to make any sense at all and just wondered if anyone on here could explain any of the above.

What ever happens you will still think the parents did it so why even bother positing? None of us are privy to the investigation.

Seems ridiculous to me, why would someone abduct her only to bury her close by when the area would be swarming with people looking for her.:loopy:

My interest is still why the parents have never been arrested and charged for neglect.

The weathers certainly a lot better in Portugal than over here at the moment

My interest is still why the parents have never been arrested and charged for neglect.

Or just said sorry we made a mistake leaving the children alone.