Help.. she wont stop crying!

cleared all the junk off my computer desk onto the floor and is now destroying owt she can get hold of

Now that sounds like a very normal contented 10mth old child to me.

Hang on in there, we have been walking the floor a lot with our little treasure. She is either teething or taking ages to get over this flu that we have all had. Just dont let it get you down. If you feel it getting to you, pop her in her cot, make sure she is safe and make yourself a nice cuppa (or whatever you like - even log on!) until you feel ready to go in and cope with it. They are not little like this for long and it soon passes!

And maybe she'll get worn out soon and itll make her have a full nights sleep :o

finally.. one sleeping baby! didnt dare try the washing machine thing lotti.. she is a bit big for the baby car seat now and not sure the big one will balance on the washer.. half an hour walking round outside in the dark seems to have worked though. thanks again for everyones help.. time for pizza, happy pills and alcohol i think XX

finally.. one sleeping baby! didnt dare try the washing machine thing lotti.. she is a bit big for the baby car seat now and not sure the big one will balance on the washer.. half an hour walking round outside in the dark seems to have worked though. thanks again for everyones help.. time for pizza, happy pills and alcohol i think XX

:clap: :clap: Well done. Relax and enjoy the rest.

YAY! Glad she is asleep (and by the sounds of it you will be too soon!)

It's also so nice that someone can post a problem like this and get so many helpfull responses so quickly :)

Im really pleased she is asleep and hopefully she will have worn her self out and will have a good long kip.

I have briefly heard of the controlled crying thing, something like calm them down, then go out and leave them for a few mins then go back in. Can someone explain it more fully to me and also the age at which it can be started? Our little one will NOT go down to sleep on her own and will not stay asleep for very long. I think its because her mum sleeps with her in her bed at night, but I think its storing up trouble for later! I thought 3 months might be too young for controlled crying though. I am trying to encourage my daughter to put her into the big cot at night, cos she never really settled in the moses basket. Any advice welcome!

it was suggested to me by my health visitor that i tried controlled crying when jayden was a few months old as she was going to sleep breastfeeding and then into her cot asleep and she said that was a very bad habit to get into. she said at the time to wrap her up in blankets etc and put her in her cot. leave the room for 2 minutes and then return to reassure her, check she is okay then leave again, without speaking to her if possible. she said when they are that young (i think she said like under 6 months) its best to keep the time you are out of the room fairly short.. say 2 minutes each time.... but when i did it a few weeks ago when jayden was coming up to 10 months we left her for 2 minutes then increased the time everytime we went in. found after the first night it only upset her more us going into the room though and went in much less frequently. X

This sounds much kinder than the method I used with my son (who is now 23!). We will give it a try soon, but she is spoilt rotten, passed from my daughter to me to my partner and we all tend to walk round with her when she is crying. She has been very unsettled lately though.

When her big brother came to live with us (I am the grandmother btw) he was 18 months and had only ever slept with his mum and had gone to sleep breastfeeding. It was a huge prob to get him to bed at night and he has only just started sleeping through! This is why I want to try and get it right with his baby sister.

I know she finally drifted off to sleep... but did anyone mention about going for a bit of drive... that usually helps babies sleep maybe try that next time... should there be one...

Hope your ok in yourself too satin... must be stressful and cant help feeling helpless... this little person crying out unable to speak to tell you what is wrong... it can really pull on the heart strings...

All the best... *hugs*

A xx

thanks angel.. would have tried that.. except that i cant drive and my bloke is out tonight so would have struggled with that! pram works just as well though i guess.. even tho its so cold out! XX

I know she finally drifted off to sleep... but did anyone mention about going for a bit of drive... that usually helps babies sleep maybe try that next time... should there be one...

What is it with children and cars even at four my little girl will fall asleep almost ever time she is in a car, only problem is she wakkes up when the engine stops, so you can be driving for hours, but sometimes it is worth it, for that little bit of quiet time. Glad you have managed to settle her, get yourself a glass of wine and a chocolate bar, you deserve it.:)