Help.. she wont stop crying!

Calpol is all you can do then i'm afraid, sometimes bonjela helps and a dummy. you'll have forgot all about it in a few days (hopefully :D)

Does she have 'rosy cheeks' thats a pretty usual sign of teething :) Hopefully she will settle down soon!

My trouble and strife of 41 years, 3 kids of our own, says it could well be the teething problem, Satin.......:)

Aww sweetie!

I hope she calms down soon, you've obviously gone back to her so you're not here right now.

I'm not a parent so can't really give my opinion, but I babysit and the one thing that doesn't fail with any of the babies I look after is to lay against the sofa or something, not flat but sort of 'slumped' and lay them on my chest so that they're sort of laid down too.

You've probably tried this because you're a mum and I'm not but there you go!

Also - a trick my parents used with me (I had collick (sp?) and screamed constantly) as a baby was to put me in the car seat and put it on top of the washing machine and set the washing machine off. Apparently it worked 99% of the time and they never got behind with the washing!

I hope things have calmed down a little!

hope ya little un is okay bjshooter!

Sure she will be thanks, People are probably right that your little one is teething, it can bring on all king of strange symtoms including an upset stomach, and cold like symtoms, it is definately a hard time for a mum when their child is teething, so double good luck from me.

Try puttng a teething ring in the freezer that numbs the pain and seems to help.

yay.. crying has gone from constant to stopping and starting which is an improvement. she doesnt have any redder cheeks than usual but she has a rash on the side of her head... does tht count? she still doesnt seem to have any intention of having her bottle or going to bed tho.. perhaps a walk to the shop might make her sleep. thanks for everyones replies XX

Hey hunni, as many others on here know how you feel so do i.. Our littlest is just over 1 now and we have had same probs with her sometimes. Best thing to do is not to get stressed yourself as babies seem to know when your at your wits end.. Easier said than done sometimes! All I can suggest otherwise is same as everyone else, try singing to her, get her settled on your knee with a picture book or just try and cuddle. Have you tried controlled crying? Put her in bed leave her for 2 mins then go back in and just lay her down and come back out, dont even speak to her. Sounds awful I know, but it does work. Each time just leave her a few more minutes. It could go on for ages, but honest it does work. Good luck anyway and I think there are plenty of people here you can rant and rave too..

Hugs

Aims x

Sorry - just read the replies!

When I've looked after minisav while she was teething, Savbaby used to give her bonjela on a dummy and I have to say I think it did work so you may want to try it.

Alternatively, there's always sleeping tablets ;)

joking!

Hey just seen your nxt post, dont worry too much bout rash on her face hun as our daughter goes all blotchy when she has been crying for a while. Just keep an eye on it ok..

Aims x

we started doing the controlled crying thing few weeks ago and she has been going to bed fine since a feways of that. alhough i have tried to give her one tonight, she hasnt ever had a dummy lotti so thats out a bit.. she seems happier at the minute, although she has cleared all the junk off my computer desk onto the floor and is now destroying owt she can get hold of

Thats the satanic genes coming out - have you been feeding her fire and brimstone again?

Oh dear! Sounds like chaos over there!

I have to say I love this photo of her!

Have you tried the washing machine thing? It might not work but it might - the motion tends to send most kids off and when it works you won't come away still rocking and bouncing from sending her off!